Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

And yet, you are considering a Jag, the only good for the status champion? :P Seriously, chicks just can't dig a guy your age in a Prius. Simple as that.

As for the environment/gas saving aspect, I think that air pollution/greenhouse gases/etc. are at the top of the heap, and the Lexus is a Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle and therefore much better than some of the sportier pure-gas competitors. Plus, it is the fastest sedan Lexus makes, so you got that going for you too! ;)

Just because I don't care much about my stature doesn't mean I don't like nice cars. Do you have the LS or GS. I think the GS might be just outside my budget but I will check it out along with the new HS hybrid.

Here is the Lexus H250, loaded premium version is pushing $46k:

H250.jpg

Edited by tyrion

Seriously, chicks just can't dig a guy your age in a Prius. Simple as that.

As for the environment/gas saving aspect, I think that air pollution/greenhouse gases/etc. are at the top of the heap, and the Lexus is a Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle and therefore much better than some of the sportier pure-gas competitors. Plus, it is the fastest sedan Lexus makes, so you got that going for you too! ;)

Maybe he digs Hippy Chicks?

HippyChicks.png

Maybe not?

_mg_0127-2.jpg

Audi's standard warranty on new vehicles appears to be pretty comprehensive and is 4yr/50k.

60-70k is when all hell broke loose on mine, so as long as you get out of it by then I think you'll be cool.

I typically put about 50k on a car in 3 years so I should be safe. Just not sure what I want. A part of me says get a Honda Insight, Toyota Prius or the new Lexus version. I don't pay for my car, insurance, gas or maintenance/repairs on the front end. The more we all spend the less there is at the end to split up. We have a soft upper end on the monthly payment but if I spend less, it doesn't come back to me, except a few extra $'s for the three of us to split up at the end of the year. I know, what a terrible problem to have.

Aren't all cars 10 yrs./100,000 Miles, bumper to bumper?

Oh wait, that's right, that's just my car! >:D

The Genesis is very, very nice, and a bargain as well.

http://www.hyundaigenesis.com/sedan/

Edited by swt61

What color? :P
Don't laugh, I've never had a black car (summers in DC -- although Dan has pretty much convinced me that it doesn't make enough of a difference to avoid them, as I have been, and my ex currently has an off-black car, and it isn't bothering her), but yes, probably black.
I would never own another VW/Audi that was not covered by a low-deductible comprehensive warranty. It seems you either get a bulletproof one or a near lemon, no inbetween.
This is true. My housemate and her sister both have VW's, so I now know "how to buy" a VW -- you make sure you take it in for every little problem, and if they can't fix a problem after three tries, you declare lemon law and force them to give you a replacement. Once you get a good one, you stick with it. They haven't had to do that, though (her sister bought a new one recently).

I will admit to being hesitant about that -- I'm the kind of guy who hates taking cars to the dealership, and prefer independent mechanics (I usually go out of my way to find one I can trust).

But the A1 is so cool...

I like my A4, but it has been a pain in the ass in several areas:

- The damn tires wear out/go flat more than any car I've ever owned.

- Electrical system is lousy.

- Not so much with the gas mileage.

Despite the above, it is comfortable, great in bad weather, and drives well. I'd buy an Audi again.

Don't laugh, I've never had a black car (summers in DC -- although Dan has pretty much convinced me that it doesn't make enough of a difference to avoid them,

I live in the bowels of hell, and my car is Black.

I usually leave the sunroof tilted up, and that keeps it pretty cool. Dan's right IMO.

I'll never own another black car either. My Jetta GLX was black and it was like a daily kick in the nuts with how easily it showed dirt, scratches and the eventual $2k worth of sap damage that it had. The only good thing was that it somehow had a tan leather interior, I've never seen another like it. Still, never again. Silver or metallic gray are the first choices followed up by gray-blues. Not that I'll be shopping for a car before 2015 anyway and by then they will all fly anyway and shoot rainbows out of fake exhaust pipes.

Just because I don't care much about my stature doesn't mean I don't like nice cars. Do you have the LS or GS. I think the GS might be just outside my budget but I will check it out along with the new HS hybrid.

Here is the Lexus H250, loaded premium version is pushing $46k:

H250.jpg

Saw one at the dealer... kinda ugly imo... and if I remember it gets 34/35.

New amp for the office rig:

MiniWatt.jpg

Oh and no ALO upgrades??? :P

Well mine stayed plenty sharp for the 2-3 years I've had it (I've even done things like accidentally cut the solder lugs off connectors or cut the pad and trace off a board when not paying attention to what I'm doing, aka 4AM soldering), but the one blade just suddenly decided it want to go for a trip and broke cleanly off right past the cutting edge. Scared the shit out of me since I wasn't cutting anything thick or hard.

Do the Xcelites have a lead retainer option like the Xurons? I can't live without that thing anymore.