Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Happy to oblige :) The ones I snapped this afternoon are all here

I like him a lot, too, which is a good thing. His coloring is the most attractive I've ever seen on any dog, and that rather bumped up the timetable for dog #2 from "hey, someday, yeah" to "NAO!"

My current dog, however, is less than thrilled. Any of you canine owners have any tips on bringing a new animal into the house?

Congratulations! That's one cute puppy and he's going to be an amazing looking dog.

As far as bringing them together my experience lies along the lines of Aimless1 with the let them figure it out. In general though the older dog will assert and the puppy will take it and get used to it. It was always funny (to me) to watch our older 15lb dachshund growl at two 100lb German shepherd/ridgeback mixes and watch the big guys scurry/wimper when someone had the temerity to go after her food.

Puppies do have a memory though, one of our dogs got smacked bad by our cat when he was a puppy and had it in for that cat as soon as he was bigger for the rest of his life, not other cats just that cat.

Do those allow you to screw down the valve onto the rim? The tubes I'm using have a little screw ring that clamps the tube to the rim. Helps a lot when changing everything out.

No they don't but I don't use them anyway because they would damage the carbon fiber on the wheel.

I have a Trek 1200 for my rain bike. Though I need to get it adjusted to match my new bikes geometry so I haven't actually ridden it in the rain but instead took my good bike out :palm:

Yeah, I just picked it up at the beginning of the summer. First road bike for me. Earlier in the summer I was probably getting about 55 miles a week. Nothing too spectacular, but it's been good. Should be riding mostly on the weekends once I get back to school next week.

Yeah, I just picked it up at the beginning of the summer. First road bike for me. Earlier in the summer I was probably getting about 55 miles a week. Nothing too spectacular, but it's been good. Should be riding mostly on the weekends once I get back to school next week.

Nice. I try and do a 40 miler over the weekend and 2-3 20-25mile rides during the week. That's about all my schedule will let me do. I'm hoping to get my speed up so the time stays the same but the mileage goes up :) Long term I'd like to get good enough to make it to like a Cat 3 amateur racer but who knows if I have the legs.

Nice. I try and do a 40 miler over the weekend and 2-3 20-25mile rides during the week. That's about all my schedule will let me do. I'm hoping to get my speed up so the time stays the same but the mileage goes up :) Long term I'd like to get good enough to make it to like a Cat 3 amateur racer but who knows if I have the legs.

I'm pretty comfortable with 20-25 mile rides, but I haven't really done much beyond that. I'll have to get my schedule a little more regular. I'm pretty sure I'll have a trainer available to me over the winter, so I'll probably pop a crappy tire on my back wheel and practice spinning over the winter. I'm quite far from feeling like racing.. I need to get some better endurance on me first. I probably average 16 mph on a long ride. I can do a 18-19 mph avg on like a 12-15 miler though.

1 x custom Power Trafo from Electraprint

2 x custom Choke from Electraprint

1 x One Electron Choke from AES

100+ misc parts from Angela Instruments

still more to go, lord help me.

I hate to say it but there is no help for you/us. I see that retired guys still have some needs :rolleyes:. Can't wait to see what you are up to (how long do we have to wait?) :popcorn:

I've found the older resident dog needs to assert itself as the alpha dog and to lay claim to his/her territory. The puppy is an intruder which the older dog recognizes as weak and no real threat.

make them spend supervised time together.

let them figure it out. In general though the older dog will assert and the puppy will take it and get used to it.

Thanks for the kind words and the advice, gentlemen. If I have further questions (and I'm sure I will), I'll bring them up in the pooch thread.

Cheers!

I hate to say it but there is no help for you/us. I see that retired guys still have some needs :rolleyes:. Can't wait to see what you are up to (how long do we have to wait?) :popcorn:

I'll post a picture of a tube as a hint/clue some time soon which will probably say enough. And clearly there is no hope.