Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Did you break one of the EL34's or something?

Nope, playing some Guns N Roses finally did the old set in.

I was listening to some of the Analogue Productions LPs a couple of days ago and the microphonics started to get worse in one channel then it started cutting in and out in the same channel (not completely though). Confirmed the same with the digital rig. It did the same thing today so I'm not chancing it with this quad and just replacing the whole set.

Edited by deepak

Apparently not. It was a function of when my kids finished school and when we have to move Britt and when she starts summer session. There was no way to do two weeks for the family and not include the weekend of CJ.

I will miss you all but I'm pretty sure I will find something to do. :)

Well, we'll miss you too. :(

Remember this is the guy who can prefer an old raw digital master over an MFSL of the same. My point being he's pretty picky.

Wow that seemed uncalled for :rolleyes:

It's pretty hard to listen to music when the left channel is 70% louder than the right and keeps cutting in and out. Oh right you weren't hearing what I heard.

I didn't mean it disparagingly. I'm just saying you probably wouldn't tolerate much distortion before you'd be ready to replace the set.

Ah sorry.

WRT to the MFSL thing, I don't ever remember disparaging one of their remasters TBH. I might have posted about preferring other versions to theirs, but mastering differences are so much more obvious than subtle source or amp differences to me. Especially when lots of funky EQ is applied.