Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

So is 60+hz actually better or worse?

Screen is always running at 120hz, the "camcorder effect" is due to the motion interpolation where the TV tries to fill in the missing frames. I normally save the full mode for nature documentaries.

You should let me practice for a bit before you sign on to eat my creations. I really like the pans I bought and the Epicurious app is giving me my ideas and shopping lists so I think I should be an expert within a few months. :P

Go Jeff!

I'm actually a good cook and like it, but I've completely gotten out of doing it for fun or being creative with it. I'd signed up for a weekend cooking class in Greek cuisine at a local culinary school, but missed it due to forgetting I'd even signed up for it :palm: Maybe it's time to investigate again.

Dress shoes, probably going to need heel inserts, as I seem to have a weird shaped foot, but they still should be better than what I have now. Got the TV and sneakers, both are nice. Streamed Serenity in HD from netflix last night on the TV, great movie.

61022110611C.JPG

I got a 7 piece set of these at Bed Bath and Beyond. It is All-Clad and the girl at the store told me they were good.

I also got a grill pan from Calphalon because the All-Clad company did not seem to have one and the iPad told me I needed one.

3542913555052P.JPG

I bought an All-Clad set when I was commercial fishing. They are indeed some of the best cookware available. Although one does need to learn to cook in such pans. Just follow the directions on the All-Clad leaflet and you'll be fine.

Nice cookware indeed!

61022110611C.JPG

I got a 7 piece set of these at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I have a very similar set, and have delightedly used it for going on 6 years. Protect that bottom left pan, man. My wife forgot she was steaming some green beans in it one time and completely ruined it. I've had a devil of a time finding a pan so versatile again.

They'll treat you well.

I used to use Avia's calibration disc, which does help- but HCFR works much better. AVS forums has plenty of info on it. I have a Sammy A630 dialed in very tightly with HCFR.

Also, AVS has a number of threads showing "average" setting of those who have calibrated, which would probably get you a lot closer than out of the box, without going through calibration. Very nice screen for the price, you have to spend a lot more to do better IMO.

You can turn off the camcorder effect or adjust the intensity by changing the "Auto Motion Plus" option in Picture Options.

thanks I'll give these a shot, overall I am really happy with the picture

I used to use Avia's calibration disc, which does help- but HCFR works much better. AVS forums has plenty of info on it. I have a Sammy A630 dialed in very tightly with HCFR.

Also, AVS has a number of threads showing "average" setting of those who have calibrated, which would probably get you a lot closer than out of the box, without going through calibration. Very nice screen for the price, you have to spend a lot more to do better IMO.

What sensor did you use for HCFR?