Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

6 bottles of FFF Dreadnaught. Ordered these a while ago but got them today as they were originally out of stock! I can highly recommend Archer Liquors. I certainly will be ordering more from them in the future. The owner, Randy, is really nice and very helpful. Also, the packing job was top notch!

Sweet score!

I don't like many IPAs, but I really liked the Dreadnaught that I had during CJ. If I ever get back on top financially I'll definitely want to order some stuff from Archer Liquors.

I'd want to try a bottle before I bought six, so I'd have to come up with some other things to buy from him first.

I'm pretty sure you could find many beers to buy from him - lot of good stuff. I would like to buy some Founders Breakfast Stout when it is in stock (don't know if he ever has Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout ever in stock but I would definitely get a few of those!).

I just found a whole foods five minutes down the road with some good beers that I haven't found anywhere else here. Grabbed a growler of LoneRider Sweet Jose and two bottles of New Holland Dragon's Milk (one of my favorites I grab in Greensboro at least once a year). Surprised to see that they had DFH SahTea.

I just found a whole foods five minutes down the road with some good beers that I haven't found anywhere else here. Grabbed a growler of LoneRider Sweet Jose and two bottles of New Holland Dragon's Milk (one of my favorites I grab in Greensboro at least once a year). Surprised to see that they had DFH SahTea.

Yeah, Whole Foods is great -- I found some Weyebacher Tiny there. Each one is different, too.

Hmm... I think there's a Whole Foods over in Johns Creek not too far from me, I should check it out sometime.

The Whole Foods in SB is the only local place where one can find Russian River brews. Even then, it's not much and goes quickly. I was in there yesterday and there was none. Fortunately, the beer guy told me that they would get the Supplication today. So I made another visit. :)

Edit: It's also the only local beer store where I've found Kasteel Rouge.

Edited by guzziguy

One half case of 2007 Come Fly With Me Cabernet from the Frank Sinatra vineyards and one half case of a 2007 Paul Hobbs Vice Versa Cabernet. The Frank Sinatra Cabernet was supposedly made by a well respected winemaker so we shall see if it is winemaking BS or not. Just in time since it seems my ale journey has ended.

Shaping up to be a BAD: Big Audio Day!

1. Craig shipped me back the Transcription Amplifier phono stage I bought from JP that arrived a little worse for the wear from shipping. Simple fix and a 6-day turnaround by Mr. Uthus -- meaning I shipped it last Friday and received it back today! Wow, that is good stuff.

2. Even better stuff from Craig: the glorious and extremely rare Moth DAC! I mentioned that I would love to have the DAC in my all-Uthus Moth/Eddie Current setup in Mayberry and he offered to sell it to me. It arrived for a "demo" but looking at it again made me send him the cash instantly. Here are a couple Asr pics snagged from the Florida CanJam '08 thread (damn, that was a fun meet and reading the thread made me sentimental). What you cannot see is the large Moth Audio logo engraved into the top plate. Gorgeous already, but I need to replace the selector knob with the original, which Craig says is still available.

canjam_226.jpg

canjam_227.jpg

3. Not really audio-related, but close enough because it stems from an HF/HC connection. I received an unexpected package from Gene containing 2 Cigar City Brewing Co. and 1 DogFishHead beer glasses. My whiny post about my dog breaking my last beer glass from Strong Beer Month triggered this [latest] generosity from my Main Man. Thanks Gene!

4. As if that wasn't enough, I got a call from Music Lovers Audio that my Ayre KX-R has arrived! It actually made me kind of weak in the knees and convinced me to go pick it up and take the afternoon off to check it out. Pics later, but damn this is exciting.... :o