Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

It didn't seem overly sour to me, I think there's a difference between sour and tart (it was tart). Also there was a good amount of peach flavor to me, and a good amount of %ABV. I was also in the furnace that is Colin's apt in the summertime, so maybe a cold drink of any kind could have satisfied me. Thanks Colin.:D

It didn't seem overly sour to me, I think there's a difference between sour and tart (it was tart). Also there was a good amount of peach flavor to me, and a good amount of %ABV. I was also in the furnace that is Colin's apt in the summertime, so maybe a cold drink of any kind could have satisfied me. Thanks Colin.:D

Actually from memory it has a fairly low abv

I really like it on draught

You are probably thinking of the Fin du Monde you had, for higher ABV.

You all have more refined palates than I do -- I don't differentiate between tart and sour -- let's put it this way, if someone said they didn't like sour, I wouldn't have offered them that drink, even if I did understand the difference.

On topic -- I almost bought a La Fin du Monde last night, but had to put that and a bunch of Paradoxes and a bunch of Black Holes back -- just too many beers to buy. I will try it one of these days, but since it's available closer, I didn't think it was worth buying it there just because it was in front of me.

Did you know they have a bunch of different variants of the Mikkeller Black Hole -- regular, and several different barrel-aged varieties (wine, rum, etc.).

I live in beer hell so even la fin du monde is worth the special trip.
Well, that's not really fair, you have to make a special trip for everything other than homebrew.
La Fin Du Monde is good beer, but i wouldn't make a special trip for it.
You have it backwards -- I already made the special trip, then didn't buy it.

I've had it before. I love it.

I've had it before. I hate it.

I really like palo santo. It's got to be a little warmer than most beers, and tastes best in a tulip glass, and isn't a summer beer at all, but I'm still a big fan.

My bottle must have had a terrible life, then, as it was nothing like what even those of you who hated it described. Syrupy to the point of being almost sludgy. It tasted like tree sap scraped off a board that drug behind a car.

Damned peach apologists.

Do like.

Bough recently the Northstar 192 mkI that was suggested on FS thread, I have been listening for 2 days now with my speakers and what can I say.. I love it, finally music sounds like..music.., it just elevated the game to a new lvl and this when I was ready to ditch my speakers system, thanks HC for showing me the way :)

Bough recently the Northstar 192 mkI that was suggested on FS thread, I have been listening for 2 days now with my speakers and what can I say.. I love it, finally music sounds like..music.., it just elevated the game to a new lvl and this when I was ready to ditch my speakers system, thanks HC for showing me the way :)

congrats whale.

You chose wisely.