Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

You might check if you can hook up an umbrella to that belt. embarrassed.gif

Yeah, I've been checking the weather and it doesn't look good. I wish we could reschedule, but we're mainly visiting my brother-in-law so we'll probably end up going regardless of the weather. Hopefully, we can find some fun indoor place for our daughter (preferably somewhere I can use the 70-200 f/4 I rented) since it wouldn't be fun trying to entertain her if we are stuck at my brother-in-law's place (never been there, too many breakables/antiques).

Back from my trip to the Central Coast.. Spent a day or so tasting in the area..

came away with a few things.

DSC_6173.jpg

LaFond 2008 Chardonnay SRH x2

LaFond 2008 Pinot Noir SRH

LaFond 2008 Pinot Noir Clone 667 Arita Hills

Tablas Creek 2010 Cotes de Tablas Blanc

Conic Cellars 2009 Purple Paradise

Epiphany 2007 Gypsy

Summerland 2008 Pinot Noir Bien Nacido

Cambria 2008 Pinot Noir Julia's

Consilience 2006 Syrah Rodney Shull

Laetitia 2009 Pinot Noir

Zaca Mesa 2008 Syrah Santa Ynez

Star Lane 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Ynez

Carhartt 2007 Syrah Santa Ynez

Carhartt 2009 Sangiovese 11 Oakes Santa Ynez

There were more... but I was thirsty.. icon_cheers.gif

Cheers,

Mikey

Edited by mikeymad

Think Tank Pro Speed Belt and Digital Holster 20. If this setup works, I can get rid of my 6MDH.

Got this today - I'm really liking it except the belt is too big, despite measuring my waist as suggested. I ordered a smaller one and re-packed the one I received so I can return it.

Haj: It is probably too late but if you need it sooner, and you are looking for a S-M, I would be happy to sell/send you mine (I haven't used it, the pro speed belt, yet). I could send it usps priority tomorrow which could be there on Friday if you were lucky.

I got a few more cocktail books in the mail today (and a Lightroom book).

VLWNE.jpg

Thanks for the offer, Shelly. I should be good as things from Adorama usually gets here in a day. Also, I'm too fat to fit into a S-M sized belt. smile.png Hopefully, M-L size will work.

Forgot that one could order from Adorama - that would definitely be faster than direct from TT.

Another bike tool, for the mountain bike this time. I finally rode it for the first time since my wipe out 6 weeks ago and I managed to not fall off this time but I had not straightened the bars and ended up with some pretty good back pain because I did not have a tool to do so during the ride....

Just picked up the HTC Sensation. It's a nice and fast phone, especially coming from the Mytouch 3g.

A friend of mine just picked one of these up. I was telling him that he might want to turn off 4g unless he needs it since it tends to use up battery life. We couldn't figure out how to do this. Have you figured out how to turn off 4g (and not turn off the radio completely)?

A friend of mine just picked one of these up. I was telling him that he might want to turn off 4g unless he needs it since it tends to use up battery life. We couldn't figure out how to do this. Have you figured out how to turn off 4g (and not turn off the radio completely)?

I think there's a few widgets that are trying to get the disable 4G capability working, but I haven't really seen any =/

On a more positive note, your friend shouldn't need to turn off 4G as the phone has quite a decent battery life completely stock. If it's still rather new and has only gone through a few charge cycles, I would highly recommend calibrating the battery meter by following these steps:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=765656

1. Connect the phone to the charger with the phone powered on, and allow the phone to charge until it shows 100%

2. Disconnect the phone from the charger, and power it off.

3. Reconnect the phone to the charger with the phone powered off, and allow the phone to charge until the battery indicator shows 100% (you can use vol-up/vol-down to make the indicator come back up when the screen goes to sleep).

4. Disconnect the phone from the charger and power it on.

5. Once the phone is powered completely on, power it off again and reconnect it to the charger until the battery indicator shows 100%.

6. Unplug charger. Use the phone as normal until it shuts off, then plug it in, turn it on and use as normal, charging whenever you like.

The new batterystats.bin file should now have enough information to accurately report how much battery life is remaining.

You should only need to use this sequence one time.

The OS learns the battery capacity over time, but until it gets the capacity right the phone will often times report that it's out of battery when it's not. This functionality is the reason you'll sometimes here people say their phones have gotten better battery life after a few charge cycles. It's not the battery changing, it's the OS adjusting the battery meter. Following these steps effectively shortcuts the "learning process".

If your friend values battery life, I recommend picking up the HTC Evo 3d battery for $30 since it's compatible with the HTC Sensation and has a larger capacity (1730mAh vs 1520mAh stock).

I've also gone ahead and rooted my phone and loaded a custom rom; after doing all of the above I've netted a significant increase in battery life (rooting the phone also improved the general performance feel of the phone, which I didn't expect, to be honest)