What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Jalapenos stuffed with Goat, cream, and sharp cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon (and then baked) is not fancy but is quite delicious.

Thanks shelly. making that :) How spicy are jalepenos after baking? The girls who are coming hate spicy foods. :(

oh, and make this. that sounds great.

ok yes. that does look great and looks pretty easy to make as well. Gotta get some amaretto.

Thanks guys!

Jalapenos are a lot less spicy after baking. I have served it to groups of grad students and they go really fast. It has been my experience that younger, crisper jalapenos tend to be milder than older ones but maybe this has just been pure coincidence. Make sure to scrape out the seeds or else they will be hot.

Went to the new 5 Guys in Thousand Oaks last night. After hearing about them here, I was very interested in trying them out. I ordered a hamburger with lettuce, grilled onions, mustard and relish, and a small fries. I was very disappointed in the hamburger. You can only get them cooked well-done. The patties were dry and almost tasteless. The fries were much better, but not great. I'd take McD's fries over them any day.

The TO location hasn't been open very long, so hopefully this is just a start-up problem and the food will improve to match the 5 Guys hype. They have a long way to go.

I am happy to have a 5 guys here (in fact I went there yesterday on my way to Micro Center to check out the current lineup of Macbook Pros and Air). However, I just don't see the market for them in the west. I would take In and Out over 5 guys anyday! I really cannot even imagine myself eating a McD's burger at this point in my life so I'll have to disagree with that comparison.

Shelly, I wasn't comparing hamburgers, though I have had better burgers at McD's that the 5 Guys burger I had last night. I was comparing french fries, where McD's really shines. Normal McD's french fries were better than the fries I had last night.

I do agree that In-N-Out is better than 5 Guys unless the TO location is an anomaly.

I have never had a 5 guys burger I liked less than any of the in-n-out burgers I've had. And I prefer both to mcdonalds for anything either sells. I won't eat mcdonalds, even with the alternative being starving to death.

I had chicken ravioli for lunch.