What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

I have never had a 5 guys burger I liked less than any of the in-n-out burgers I've had. And I prefer both to mcdonalds for anything either sells. I won't eat mcdonalds, even with the alternative being starving to death.
Ditters. Well almost -- the only thing I will eat at McDonald's is the Walnut & Fruit salad.

Dusty: tuna salad sandwich w/Provolone and lots of black pepper

(Dusty joins the 'refers-to-self-in-3rd-person' club)

Went to the new 5 Guys in Thousand Oaks last night. After hearing about them here, I was very interested in trying them out. I ordered a hamburger with lettuce, grilled onions, mustard and relish, and a small fries. I was very disappointed in the hamburger. You can only get them cooked well-done. The patties were dry and almost tasteless. The fries were much better, but not great. I'd take McD's fries over them any day.

The TO location hasn't been open very long, so hopefully this is just a start-up problem and the food will improve to match the 5 Guys hype. They have a long way to go.

I've been to three Five Guys locations in So Cal (Carson, Cerritos, and TO) numerous times. While I've only been to the Thousand Oaks location three times, it is my least favorite by a large, large margin. The Cerritos location is completely on another level plus they consistently deliver.

Edited by 909

about to have a brie crusted thick cut loin pork chop and a baked potato.

That sounds mighty good. Just got back from dinner where I had pistachio crusted goat cheese cakes, braised bonleess beef shortribs, beets whipped with potatoes (aka "winter mashed potatoes"), sauteed spinach, and Nieto Malbec.

Trying my hand at some basic cheesemaking. Won't eat till tomorrow but I've made up something like a paneer cheese today to go into a Saag Peneer tomorrow. Wish I'd gone authentic and used lemon juice but the recipe I found used buttermilk (rennet cultures). Made a nice soft fluffy ricottalike substance that I pressed most of the water out of. It's currently in a gallon plastic bag in the fridge with a cookie sheet over top and a heavy jug of water on top of that. Should be able to cut into cubes and fry in some peanut oil tomorrow. Then it gets cooked with mustard greens and lots of spices. Hoping it turns out good.