Post what you're watching

deepak

The Pacific Pt1 and Pt2. Great series but for some reason they think Iceland was occupied by Germany as seen on a map in the briefing room. While in reality US troops were stationed here (since we didn't ask them and were neutral, technically occupying us) a few months before Pearl Harbor.

The Pacific Pt1 and Pt2. Great series but for some reason they think Iceland was occupied by Germany as seen on a map in the briefing room. While in reality US troops were stationed here (since we didn't ask them and were neutral, technically occupying us) a few months before Pearl Harbor.

Maybe you should also tell them that Iceland isn't in the Pacific. :D

can you still eat puffin (<--not meant as a euphemism) in iceland?...

Yup. There is a lot of them so why not? As for the ptarmigan, it has been hunted quite a bit in the last few decades (it's a popular food on Christmas here) so a few years ago all all hunting was banned. They quickly recovered and now some are shot each year but nothing like before. Contrary to popular belief, we do take great care of the wildlife here and would never hunt something to extermination. We are all too aware how dependent we are on our fishing which is why we spend a fortune each year making sure there is nothing amiss. We have gone crazy in the past and paid for it with near financial ruin (1967) so something like this will never be allowed to happen again.

Hey, it's a bird. :)

And lest Birgir think we're being chauvinist here, I should probably mention that the '70s edition of "The Joy Of Cooking" that we got from my wife's mother has squirrel, possum, porcupine, muskrat and raccoon recipes!

Edited by Hopstretch

ever since J. Clarkson mentioned it on Top Gear, i've wanted to eat one...it's never been on the menu during my travels...

i thought i'd get lucky & find one in Ireland, but i was on the wrong side...their puffin population is to the south...

"The waiter asked if I wanted some grated puffin on my whale and how do you say no to something like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-09WHp4fGU