Post what you're watching

deepak

I'm watching the first season of Buffy right now on my new high-def TV right now. As if this show didn't look AMAZING in standard definition, now it just looks too good for words. Just kidding of course, this season still looks like fried hell but now with more video noise from upscaling the 480p. It's still my favorite season of bufy.

The first season really did have such a great balance of humor, heart and action. Best. Show. Ever.

fuck yeah it was (well, maybe 6 Feet Under was a little better... ;)). plus, it spawned one of my reference CDs, Once More With Feeling :)

I thought I'd get razzed for admitting that I love buffy but I suppose we're all nerds of a feather.

dude, that sounds like a British Buffy. do i needs to get it?
It's plagued with problems. Actors jumping ship; the villain is downright boring (all he does is the tall dark and gaysome brooding thing that Angel makes fun of so well); oh, and there is just way too many actual tears.

That said, I just watched 10 episodes (the entire first box) in about 24 hours. The writers did manage to keep things moving along. And there's just something about the British where they just excel at snarkiness.

So I'd say it's more like British Buffy meets Charmed with a little Bewitched thrown in. There's very little "teh funneh" thrown in -- at least, not out-and-out Joss Whedon funny, more understated "Dr. Who" funny.

To synopsize: a qualified thumbs-up.

So I'd say it's more like British Buffy meets Charmed with a little Bewitched thrown in. There's very little "teh funneh" thrown in -- at least, not out-and-out Joss Whedon funny, more understated "Dr. Who" funny.

To synopsize: a qualified thumbs-up.

You had me at Buffy, downloading Season 1 now. Gotta find something since those cocksuckers canceled Deadwood.

Goddamn stupid fucking timeout. Can we at least raise it to 6 minutes?

You had me at Buffy, downloading Season 1 now. Gotta find something since those cocksuckers canceled Deadwood.
Well, just for the record, it ain't Buffy. There's more soap opera to it than that. But it's still good.

I've heard good things about Veronica Mars. Joss Whedon liked it. Haven't seen it myself yet.

Also, going back a bit for a completely different show, I really liked Sports Night. Just superb writing.

Just from a "good shows to watch" perspective.

And if you want to go way back, Max Headroom.