Rank Your Headphones

Nanoha

After you said that I totally believe you :P. Don't want some Samoan associates kicking my ass and leaving a permanent imprint :)

:) of course I jest, you guys have given me some ideas about other cans I should explore.

Off topic,---Riceboy, my plumerias are starting to bloom after four years of trying, reminds me of my former home on Oahu. Your pictures must have sent good karma.

Guest troymadison

AKG K1000 with Big Joe + AD827AQ (PERFECTION! FINALLY!)

AKG K1000 with Big Joe + OPA2604AP (Close to perfection...) (Stock)

AKG K1000 with Gilmore Lite

QP250

K501

AKG K1000 with Pioneer M-90 Power Amp

QP55x

AKG K1000 with Big Joe + OPA2107AP

QP45x

Koss Portapro

AKG K1000 with Big Joe + 2x OPA627AP + Adapter (YUCK!)

Guest aaron313

Tier 1 (currently all owned): Stax SR-303, Lambda Pro, AD2000

Tier 2 (currently all sold): HD650 > K701

Tier 3 (all sold): HF-1

Tier 4 (sold): 325i

Tier 5: TriPort

Tier 1 (currently all owned): Stax SR-303, Lambda Pro, AD2000

Tier 2 (currently all sold): HD650 > K701

Tier 3 (all sold): HF-1

Tier 4 (sold): 325i

Tier 5: TriPort

What happened? And why did you settle with the Triport when there are a lot of better options for the same money? Are you even settled?

1. HD650

2. HF-1

3. ER4P

I finally got an iPhone headphone adapter for the recessed jack, and was listening to my ER4P with foamies while I was trimming the hedges. These IEMs definitely rule, and the foamies are much more comfortable then I remember them being.

I DIY'ed them with the SR-5NB as the base, swapped in GP drivers and cut a 5m 5 pin extension cord in half for the cable. The original drivers and cable were broken, so I had a good excuse to go ahead with that madness :D They're much easier to build than the SR-X pro, you don't have to worry about getting the glue off the original drivers without breaking something, or find a good glue that keeps the drivers coupled firmly to the enclosure.

I ranked my headphones according to how much I like them, and I like them about as much as I like the O2. The two of them compliment each other really well; the SR-5 pro is really forward but still retains a wide soundstage, and are very exciting to listen to (without lacking too much in terms of detail or smoothness) while the O2 is laidback, yet has detail and refinement in the boatload. Every time I switch between the two of them, the next headphone always seems to sound better than the last :D

R10 ---- ?? ------> Ed 9 -------------------------> SA5000 ---------------> K701 (Friend's birthday, gave it to him)

Notes:

#1. Ranked in musical enjoyment with applicable music genre

#2. The arrows represent how apart they are imo

#10. I'm not sure if the 1st arrow should even be there :palm: