Rank Your Headphones

Nanoha

Haven't seen you in a while. Klipsch Images sucked?

I've been busy! Too many "grown-up" things getting in the way of my hobbies.

I liked the Images. They had a great euphonic sound. Tons of bass, deeeeeeep bass. Reasonably sweet mids. Rolled off highs, but it made for relaxing listening. Good soundstage, great texture. I think it's significant that these were made by speaker guys rather than hearing aid/monitoring people. They sounded more like full-size cans than any other IEM I've heard. I sold them because: (1) the cables were microphonic as hell and seemed flimsy and (2) overall they sound similar to the SE530s which I already own.

Sony R10--->Stax Omega II--->AKG K1000--->Headphiled AKG K340s--->Grado HP2-->Grado RS-1--->Stax Lamda Pros--->Senn HD-650--->Headphile CD3000/ATH-A900-->Sony SA5000-->Beyer DT-880-->AKG K701--->Stax SR-404--->Grado SR-60------------------------------>Audio Technica ATH-A900

Out of the main stuff (I really have too much gear):

O2 Mk1 > O2 Mk2 > HD650 balanced > HD600 balanced > K340 > SR-003 > HD600SE > SR-001 > HD650 SE > DT770

No ranking for the H2 or K1000, they aren't working right. When I get them up and running, I suspect the K1k will be around the O2 Mk2 mark, and as for the H2, I have no idea; anything from first place to last place is possible.

I'd guess it's cd3000s with wood shells...
Well, that's the part I'm confused about -- the wood shells aren't indigenous to CD3000's, so that leaves, what, the band and pads?

EDIT #2: PS Enjoyed the "mounting screws" comment. :D

EDIT: Never mind, missed this page. Thanks for the response.

Edited by Dusty Chalk