Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Lost power last night at 7:30 with less than 2" on the ground. It was 57 in the house when we got up this morning around 7 with 4 to 6" of slush/snow. We drove over 30min to find a Dunkin Do's that had power to get some coffee and breakfast and waste some time to see if it would come back on. Waited in line for 35 minutes at DoDo's but was grateful we got their when we did since the line was 4x as long when I left as when I got in line. Called a few places to see about generators, got laugheinutd at, so we packed up the family and headed to the nearest inlaws who had gotten power back on 5 minutes before we were set to head to my parents who are over an hour away. While at the inlaws I found one generator available another half hour away, paid for it over the phone and left to pick it up. Got lots of angry looks when I picked it up and predictably drove home to set it up only to find that the power had been restored. :palm: But I'm happy to have it for the piece of mind and there are still folks less than 1/4 mile away who don't have power yet. There's talk that some won't have it for a week or more and on the way home I passed a tractor trailer truck loaded full of commercial transformers so it'll certainly be a while for those folks. What a friggen mess.

We didn't lose power, but lost all cable services (phone/internet/TV). Wasn't too bad, though it's still out.

I was out at 11:15 pm Saturday night, cutting some weighted-down branches from an aging dogwood tree that had fell against a bay window, thankfully no damage to house. Then cleared 4-5" of slush from driveway yesterday, and cut and dragged off several more large branches down.....

Son's school cancelled today, also has no school tomorrow. May have to bring him into work with me if we don't have services still embarrassed.gif

Hope everyone gets power and all back soon! Take care all!

EDIT: BTW, Halloween trick-or-treating in our town postponed until next weekend.....

Edited by skullguise

We got about 7-8" of snow with the storm last Wednesday, which came up to our dog's belly when she'd go outside, but we only got about 2-3" last night. So nothing major here yet, not even a snow day for the kid's school.

Down south, we got close to a foot with the last storm. This winter is gonna suck!

Your newscaster must be gay then, because IME it's usually straight guys who claim 9", when it's really much closer to 5". biggrin.png

We got about 7-8" of snow with the storm last Wednesday, which came up to our dog's belly when she'd go outside, but we only got about 2-3" last night. So nothing major here yet, not even a snow day for the kid's school.

Is that 7-8" of gay snow or straight snow? unsure.png

Steve, perhaps the reason that straight guys may claim 9" when it's really closer to 5" is they've never felt the difference...