Speaker Cable

tkam

I'm going to be re-arranging my HT/speaker rig pretty soon and I'm going to need different length speaker cables than what I have now. I don't have a budget in mind but I'm not going to spend a ton on this. I'll be needing two 10ft runs for the main speakers, a short 5ft cable for the center channel and two 25ft runs for the rear channels.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

rofl, not at all in this situation. anyone can duplicate the cables I "made." All I did was put some techflex and heatshrink on the Canare cable and call it a day. They can be used bare wire or w/ spades/banana plugs :D

here's the cable:

http://www.canare.com/index.cfm?objectid=ED10B882-3048-7098-AF6C24CDB73FA68E

MoT MoT :police: :police: :police:

rofl, not at all in this situation. anyone can duplicate the cables I "made." All I did was put some techflex and heatshrink on the Canare cable and call it a day. They can be used bare wire or w/ spades/banana plugs :D
Welcome to head-case, sorry about the lack of a decoder ring.

(Do a search on "mot" -- you'll see that DIY is the new MOT.)

I've got a pair of old Audioquest cables (30' each) that I'm going to be selling at some point. Actually, I have 2 pairs of these (one is my brother's, so I would need to see what he wants to do with his). These are Indigo (IIRC). My pair has a cut in one cable (one conductor) at about the 27' mark due to some dumbass (me) drilling a hole thru the subfloor out with the cable in the hole... Bought from AudioAdvisor probably around 1990 or so. http://www.audioquest.com/archive/index.html, go to Spiraled Hyperlitz. I have no idea what they are worth ???

• 5 months later...

Actually, they look like someone unravelled a inductor. I thought of the same thing for RCAs just haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I have two sets of DIY Canare Starquad speaker cables and I find them nothing special, cheap yes but the sound is a bit muddy if anything, Not bad but not great.

--Ask Germania, ahh never mind.

Actually, they look like someone unravelled a inductor. I thought of the same thing for RCAs just haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I have two sets of DIY Canare Starquad speaker cables and I find them nothing special, cheap yes but the sound is a bit muddy if anything, Not bad but not great.

--Ask Germania, ahh never mind.

Alpha Core sells hookup wire that is basically an unrolled version of their inductors that is folded over a few times. Think the leads of a foil inductor and that's what it is.