Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

why does that app have an annual fee?

Your basically paying them a subscription fee, but only $30/yr instead of an extra $20/mo to AT&T to tether. Plus, people with an unlimited plan can tether without giving it up. Many places charge a subscription fee to use their service, although many of those offer a free service and charge for upgrades (I.e. Dropbox, Onlive, WSJ)

if they can do it, someone else will too, likely without a fee

I look forward to that. But basically it has you set up an ad-hoc network between iPhone and computer, and you run a web-app on the iPhone and a normal app on the computer, which allows the computer to access the web through the phone. It's nice that they let you save the web-app to your iPhone springboard, so you have a shortcut to the app without having to visit tether.com every time you use it.

I have no idea whether it can hide the tethering data from ATT so that you don't get caught, nor do I know if it can use the iPad 3G connection for tethering, which MyWi and PDAnet do with jailbroken devices. Until I know more about this and hear from others about the service, I'm keeping my VZW MiFi2200 hotspot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

are you using the same account on both? iMessage is really flakey so far. I uninstalled it on my mac because it was delaying my receiving messages on my phone.

yes, same Apple ID. i went to the iphone and added my email address as a Recipient, and changed the Caller ID to be that email address, but my iPhone/iPad messages still show up as separate people to others

Have a question in regards to the touch/iphone line.

i noticed on innerfidelity that with an Ipad, one can plug in the camera connector dongle and the USB out allows a digital signal to be sent to the Headamp Pico.

Has anyone tried something similar with an ipod touch or iphone and gotten it to work.

• Like 1