Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Ah, thanks for the correction. Been also confused as I thought this was going to be another app (like WhatsApp I currently use to txt between iOS devices), to differentiate between paid and free messages. Being integrated into Messages I guess you just have to be aware what the device on the other end is (or ignore the little, but ridiculous, cost of each). Have I mentioned how much I hate paying for text messages on smart phones with IM/email easily available?

Edited by blessingx

Paying to receive SMS on a smartphone? That is infuriating. It's even more infuriating when you illustrate the fact to a coworker with an iPhone, showing how originating the text via a free email though one of the sms gateways allows you to mount a free financial "Denial of Service" attack on their account. evil.gif

Its doubly infuriating when you think that SMS originated using free out of band data. Yet it costs more than data from the Hubble Space Telescope

The bits do seem expensive , when compared to TCP/IP from your ISP . The Calling Party Pays model works in Europe & elsewhere

Edited by Grahame

I really like the wifi sync on the iPad. I ripped a few CDs last night, then just drug them over while the iPad was in my bag.

It messed with me the first couple of times, though... I saw "Eject MexicanDragon's iPad" when iTunes popped up randomly. The device was in my bag 5 feet away from my laptop. It took me a couple times of closing iTunes before I realized that it WAS, in fact, connected. Magical, revolutionary.

**BRENT**

been rocking my new 4S since lunch today. took all of 7 minutes to activate. the only glitch was the order number needed for the at&t activation server was the one on my packing slip, which was different by just a few digits then the one i'd received in numerous at&t emails. weird and a little frustrating.

the retina display is of course so much better then the 3GS, especially for a heavy mobile web browser/twitter user like me. the camera is fantastic, looking forward to snapping lots of pictures. and siri is really super cool. this evening i was leaving someplace and headed home and decided i want chinese food. "siri, look up the phone number to china doll!" and just like that siri whipped up the number to my favorite chinese place and was dialing. this was not a number i had in my contacts. i had delicious general tso's and fried rice thanks to siri. hell yeah.

i'm stoked. and its still the best looking mobile device ever made.

You may want to download the Box.net app. They're running a deal to get free lifetime 50GB (100MB per file) storage.

iPad and iPhone Users Get 50 GB FREE. http://j.mp/qTK8zM

Thanks. Just installed the app and set up my account. 50 free Gb of storage is sweet. iPod Touch users can also cash in on this.

Edited by morphsci