Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

i guess those iTunes backups are just personal content then. doh.

Correct and I may be wrong but you may have a hard time restoring personal content onto a device that you try to rollback. Technically I think you might have to jailbreak to rollback but it's been so long since I looked into it that others will need to weigh in here. It's one of the things that I do not like about Apple.

snappier & Safari hasn't crashed on me yet...it used to crash multiple times, daily...

the Google Maps thing really is bugging me...there are so many sites (say of bars that I'd like to be at) that have Google Maps links...when you click them, it's not like Apple takes over...you get the crappy mobile version of the Google Maps website which, of course, doesn't load properly in the new Mobile Safari...I'm assuming that'll get fixed & Google will release a new native app shortly...

I've got no idea wtf Passbook is & hope never to find out...

It's worth upgrading, I'd just wait a bit...

Google is working on a stand-alone app, but there isn't an option to keep the old Maps app once you upgrade. It may have taken getting booted out of iOS for them to offer turn-by-turn for Apple devices. Should (eventually) be win-win because the competition for data will drive each app to improve.

iOS6 compatible with ipod touch 4th gen... sucks. The end of aps for older ipods? I have a gen 2 touch. I really wasn't looking to upgrade as I use this ipod with the onkyo dock to get digital out. I guess at some point it had to happen.

Actually I checked my iPod and it is actually 3rd gen.

It is my understanding that Google Maps should still work, it's just no longer the default mapping target app -- perhaps reinstall it?

confirmed as not an option...but, as was said, it might turn out brilliant for Google since all these links don't default to Apple's mishap...

Edited by emelius

While I'm sure the early reviews regarding the speed of the iPhone 5 have a lot to do with the new A6 chip, it seems at least some of it can be attributed to optimization within the OS. Everything from app launching and switching to work within apps is much more fluid and quicker on my 4s. Lauren noticed it with her 4 as well.