Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Random question - help needed...

So I believe I have the OS 3.0 which allows tethering. I like it, but honestly I don't really use it or need it; however, I would like to be able to send pictures through text message (rather than now having to send it as an email attachment through camera).

Have you guys upgraded to the newest OS and just dropped your tethering capability? I really don't want to bother having to hack multiple files like HA just to allow tethering on the new OS for iphone, and ideally I would like both MMS and tethering if its simple enough.

3.1 killed my tether...funny part is the other day i could of used it.

Random question - help needed...

So I believe I have the OS 3.0 which allows tethering. I like it, but honestly I don't really use it or need it; however, I would like to be able to send pictures through text message (rather than now having to send it as an email attachment through camera).

Have you guys upgraded to the newest OS and just dropped your tethering capability? I really don't want to bother having to hack multiple files like HA just to allow tethering on the new OS for iphone, and ideally I would like both MMS and tethering if its simple enough.

It wasn't that difficult. If you read how I hacked my iPhone 3GS with 3.01 OS and kept tethering and added MMS without losing visual voice mail like many others, you'll find you could do it too.

Just go to the iphone school link, follow their directions, remove your old tethering profile and install the one from help.benm.at - you might have to actually do everything in the order that I did, I don't know. To me it was worth it.

Well I guess I will not be getting an iphone anytime soon. according AT&fuckingT, Charleston, IL is in a red zone. If your ratio of in-network to out-of-network calls falls below some predetermined, but unspecified value, they can terminate your contract with 30 days notice. Not huge, but if they do, they may not let my number be transferred to another carrier. Cunts™. No T-Pain :(

Unlike most of the AT&T drones this guy actually seemed knowledgeable and actually checked out the situation as he was going about transferring my number. I was aware of the potential problem as we have a lot of students who come down from Chicago and anyone with AT&T has had to deal with that problem even though their billing address is not in Charleston. Supposedly it is actually in the contract (still may not be legal) but I never got that far. I may tie some things up regarding the cell number and then just go for it and see what happens. At least it wasn't a wasted trip as I was able to pick up my wife's new running shoes so I definitely earned some awesome-husband points (which I tend to use up pretty damn fast) :D.

• 2 weeks later...
So, as pointed out elsewhere, since Verizon is now running these ads for their new Android handset, it really doesn't seem likely they'll be picking up the iPhone anytime soon. If ever!

I just saw this ad today, actually kind of liked it. It sounds like they won't be getting the Palm Pre either....

I've been holding out for a decent do-a-lot phone, hopefully what they DO get is worthwhile.