What did you do today?

riceboy

I found out my beloved 6th grade teacher was recently murdered. :(

Sucks balls as she didn't deserve to go that way. She was a real kind woman who was a joy to have as a teacher. My love of history stems from her class. I will miss her very much.

My condolences. That's really awful. What you got from her helps keep her memory alive.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My condolences. That's really awful. What you got from her helps keep her memory alive.

Thanks Ken. My memories of her are always present as I learned many, many things from her. I was just talking about her a few weeks ago too. I have been very sick for almost a week now and I get up to the computer only to find about this tragic incident. Real bummer.

According to some reports I read she was stabbed 37 times! How such a kind, elegant and spiritual woman could meet such an end really troubles my mind. For what it's worth, she has always been my favorite teacher. Sad to know she is gone.

What has happened to Justin? He doesn't deliver the goods to his customers but he sends a finalized unit to Nate so he can pimp it at the NYC meet! He oughta be ashamed!

Technically speaking I believe that this is Justin's amp, not Vicki's but there's not way I'm getting between Vicki/her handguns and Justin on this one. I lobbied Justin for months to get the amp up to the NYC meet knowing that it'd be a large, appropriate audience. Justin was going to try and make it himself but in the end the timing was just didn't work out so I guilted him into sending the amp. It was also meant to serve as a final shakedown of the custom packaging that Justin got specifically for this amp.

Psst, Nate, how does it sound? Hope you're having fun with Vicki's amp! :D

Simply amazing. I managed to log a good 4hrs on it this morning while my wife and daughter were gone to visit some friends and I just kept going through CD after CD throwing everything and anything at it.

3376381349_1e53f200c3_b.jpg

3376381013_9519a79721_b.jpg

Built the rack, finally. Now I can buy more audio stuff, just what I've always needed :)

I didn't spend too much time leveling yet, just enough to be fairly close. I'm not going to bother migrating everything over until I get a new surge protector/battery backup unit from APC.

And I'm planning on switching to XLR from RCA.

The surge unit pictured is just for the alarm clock and an external drive, I've got a Furman unit behind the computer.

My dad took the tape measure back, but I believe its around 20" in between the bolts, and the bolts are 2" in from the front and sides. I'm pretty pleased with it, and I think its technically my first "DIY" anything. It feels like it will last forever, and so much cheaper than buying a finished rack. :)