What did you do today?

riceboy

Wife denied lathe access due to the fact that Lily had a play date and her playroom is directly above my shop. :palm:

that reminded me of juice boxes followed by nap time on one of these

_wsb_500x374_kindermat2.jpg

which i think everyone should do after lunch at CanJam

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Computer crashed so hard it didn't boot up (freeze and reboot on POST), troubleshot for about a hour before giving up and going to local comp store to pick up new motherboard. Came back home and tried powering it up...and it booted. Keeping new motherboard because I suspect this motherboard is on it's way out, and planning out a core i7 rig.

That all sucks. What do you do?

I teach. All State employees are getting it. 0.5% off of their annual pay that has to be taken out of the their paychecks before the end of the fiscal year (June 31st). Problem is that teachers don't get paid for the half month of work in June because they got paid for a full month for the half month of work they did in August. I didn't get to start until September 2nd because of Graduation in July and paperwork delays from the State.

So... I didn't get paid for June because I didn't work in August. And I only have one more paycheck... in May. So $150 (0.5% of 30k) will come out of that. I don't have to worry about the 10 hour furlough unless my employer decides to take it out of June's school days and that would cost more if they paid substitutes. I have been told my contract probably won't be renewed, so if its not renewed by June 31st, it can't be with the system how it is currently. I really wouldn't care about the measly pay cut and furlough in the future if it wasn't that it was all coming at once out of my last paycheck before I'm out of a job.

I don't think that's how that works. You get a 3% pay cut for june, and 11 days off w/o pay. Next year you get a 0.05% pay cut. At least that's my understanding of it.

Not in NC. Its 0.5% before the end of June and 10 hours off unpaid decided by your employer that has to be taken between June and December.

Wife and I registered to be bone marrow donors.

I don't think I could possibly imagine a more nobel or selfless act. Hats off to you and your wife Sir.

Ate some pulled pork. Bought beer. Now a nap.

Good stuff. I'm hungry now.

I finally finished proper balanced grounding on the Dynamite, now listening to the Denon 2k's balanced. Pretty good stuff. Need to mow the grass myself but it will be there tomorrow.

manaox2, contact a union rep. Even if the union isn't strong or even viable in NC, they might be able to help/direct you. Teachers get paid too little already. You should not have to work for free for 11 days no matter what.

Right, but the deal shouldn't include screwing over employees that didn't work in August and receive the paycheck then. There are some pretty definite labor laws with any state contracts. You might want to check these out, especially if your contract isn't being renewed.

went to the NYS Chili Cook Off and ate so much chili

then went to Spring Fling (my school's end of year celebration with carnival rides and a shitty concert at the end)

skipped the shitty concert, went to see the university symphonic orchestra play symphonie fantastique and the firebird

manaox2, contact a union rep. Even if the union isn't strong or even viable in NC, they might be able to help/direct you. Teachers get paid too little already. You should not have to work for free for 11 days no matter what.

In NC, its illegal to have a union or form one for teachers according to my contract. :rolleyes: NCAE is the closest thing we have (just lobbyists) and I'm not paying them since they couldn't contact me I suppose after I met them at teacher orientation. I wouldn't now anyway, they're sitting quiet. Things are about to get worse, the 65 million taken from State Employees won't be more then a drop in the bucket with their 3 BILLION dollar shortfall.

I had my school contact the pay department at Human Resources. You have to go in person or send through delivery confirmed mail pretty much, know from experience that they don't pick up the phone or empty their messages. The school told me it would be a week, I SHOULD get paid for June, the governor didn't issue an executive order about that.

If you gave up debugging, you'd be done in half the time. Just remember that the next time a manager asks "How can we pull that date in?".

yes. I had -that- discussion with my VP Friday. He was not impressed. Hence, my weekend at the kb.

Actually, this was Saturday - got up early and headed to Chicago to a breakfast place we had seen on TV called Over Easy. It was 50 degrees out but with the heater we were able to drop the top on the car and enjoy the sun.

Breakfast was the best I've ever had. I had Sassy Eggs and it was just stunning how good it was. Debbie had a Nueva Mexican omelet that was equally as good. We also tried the vegetarian breakfast sausage. I was skeptical as I'm pretty much a cow & pig guy, but these were actually very good. All in all a great meal and I think the source of at least a monthly visit from now on.

After finding out their coffee was from Julius Meinl we stopped by their store a few blocks away and bought two pounds of beans for home. We then drove to Hats Plus and picked up the fedora I posted in the other thread. A lovely drive home (by then around 70 degrees) got us there before noon with the biggest part of the day still left to do stuff. Overall a wonderful morning.

went to the NYS Chili Cook Off and ate so much chili

then went to Spring Fling (my school's end of year celebration with carnival rides and a shitty concert at the end)

skipped the shitty concert, went to see the university symphonic orchestra play symphonie fantastique and the firebird

What, you didn't want to see Eve 6?

I was @ Binghamton all weekend for the America East Outdoor Track & Field Championships.

Man, downtown Binghamton is pretty sad... Looks like it was a pretty cool city, with lots of turn-of-the-century buildings, and a big downtown, but it seems like 3 out of every 4 buildings/store fronts are empty.

Heh, yea Binghamton (for the most part) really sucks.

You should have told me that you were at Bing. I could have at least come and said hi!

I remembered you went there Saturday night @ dinner... Got back to the hotel and promptly fell asleep before I could shoot a PM your way!

Man, that 6 1/2 hr bus trip is brutal!

Went to see my new primary care's office for an appointment. It was bit odd as just about everyone there (nurses, receptionist, RNP) definitely looked younger than me, unlike my previous primary care where everyone definitely looked older than me.

In any case, they're worried about possible hypertension so I get to exercise more, eat better, and stop drinking 10 cups of coffee everyday. :palm:

Edited by Salt Peanuts