What did you do today?

riceboy

Well, he could have certainly been written up for inappropriate grabbing/mouthing of my breasts, and after being denied, taking out his frustration by pulling my hair viciously while squealing.

I'm confused, are we still talking about the 5 month old? :P

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved the following out of the MV house and into the workshop:

Washer

Dryer

Gas stove

Gargantuan Victorian sideboard

5-drawer tall chest

3-mirror Victorian vanity

Still left is a bunch of smaller items, a round oak table with 3 leaves, a CRT television that I have half a mind to take a bat to, and probably a bunch of other shit I am forgetting.

What!! When did this happen!

I though for sure you were in for life.

:) Nope. Not even queen of my own universe. It's funny how as soon as you start thinking that you know more than the next guy, your needs are more important than others' needs, and your version of the right thing to do doesn't need to take into account that no one else agrees, the world slaps you upside the head the heart to remind you that you're just an average jerk. I'm abdicating queendoms. Plebedom is safer and more rewarding.

I like it. Do I get to wear costumes?

Be careful what you wish for, although, to be fair, costume wise, you are asking the right person (Tyll that is).

Vicki at can jam in This?

gypsy.jpg

Gets my vote!

Hell yeah, and baubles, bangles, and beads. Boys get to wear them, too.

cherkupirate.jpg

NTTAWWT!

I received a box from Matt the Younger containing one hell of a Cigar City six pack:

web.jpg?ver=12729387960001

Two bottles of Hunahpu Imperial Stout, two bottles of Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout, one 110K + OT, and one Barrel Aged Bolita Double Nut Brown Ale. Very excited to try these out. What a mensch! Thanks Matt. :dance:

Nice pack Al.

Right as we were about to eat dinner this evening we saw this cute little dog looking in our house through the front door. Finally found out where the dog lived after some work. We called the number on the tag several times but the owners didn't answer (the address on the tag was not from around here so that didn't help). Found out their last name from the answering machine message and then looked on the Houston property tax records to find someone around here with that last name (there was someone 3 houses down the street). Took the dog over there and all the owners could say was, oh you must have been the people who kept calling. I guess they keep the dog in the back yard and didn't even know he was missing. Jerks. Makes me want to steal their dog from them and give him a better home.

These aren't everyday beers, Dusty, but they are going to be super tasty. I have had the Bolita, although I don't know if it was barrel aged or not, but I think all of the others are new to me. If you are out in Berkeley anytime soon, Shelley, we'd happily have you and your husband over for dinner, drinks, and brews. And yes, Vicki, the Hunahpu was a smash and it was the reason Matt thought to put this together for me. What a guy.

I cannot believe some dog owners, let alone the a-hole comment about being the person calling while they didn't bother to answer their phone.

These aren't everyday beers...
Dusty -- for some reason -- doesn't go after everyday beers. So Dusty just approves all the more.

I was out and about checking out a few liquor stores in my area on Saturday, and it got to the point where I just went straight to the "craft brews" section. And if they didn't have one, then I didn't stick around very long.

Dang, Shelly. That's a rather dedicated effort to find the owners. Kudos to you for trying, and bad on them for not really caring.

I am quite the softie when it come to helping out animals. I would love to have a dog or cat but my husband is allergic to them (and we travel too much which would be unfair to the pet).

If you are out in Berkeley anytime soon, Shelley, we'd happily have you and your husband over for dinner, drinks, and brews.

Al, that is super nice of you! It is too bad we canceled our May trip to Berkeley. :( We may make it our sometimes this summer - I'll let you know if we do.

In the haze of the last week I somehow managed to double pay my mortgage. That lead to a LOT of scrambling to get my primary checking back above sea level. Luckily, my buffer was higher than normal this month, so I could make lemonade. I'm now scheduled for bimonthly mortgage payments instead of monhly, something I'd been meaning to do for quite some time.