What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent a strangely wonderful evening with a group of people who spoke no English except for one other person. Since I speak no Russian, the first fifteen minutes or so was awkward, but after that, it was freeing and very comfortable to just sit and enjoy good people and good food without having to say a word or try at anything.

I'm supposed to be working (which I am sort of), but I can't help myself from listening to my Thunderpants, which arrived from Don this morning. To say I'm impressed thus far would be a major understatement.

A big shout out to my favorite circle hole cutter tech. for the cable too! At the very least you get first audition at CJ.

I wish I was listening to some thunderpants instead of workin', but I can't complain, today I just have to research and price ultra overkill plasma displays where it costs several thousand dollars just to install the damn thing. :o

final presentation for class I dont really care about. I'm pretty sure I missed something. bullshit power, on!

The quote from my Honour's thesis was "If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, then baffle them with bullshit"

Thankfully, my markers had a good sense of humour......

Why not post the whole thing here? Does HF have first dibs on your lab results?

The whining would overwhelm the internet if they found out that he posted it here first.

On topic: Picked up my Pico Slim from the post office! Woot!

Why not post the whole thing here? Does HF have first dibs on your lab results?

Nah, but that's where the edumacating needs to happen.

Besides, I'm not going to maintain two threads, no fucking way.

That stuff will have a home of its own soon enough anyway.

Edit: And I need to work on my bike, damit. Been having to much fun measuring shit over the weekend.

Spent a strangely wonderful evening with a group of people who spoke no English except for one other person. Since I speak no Russian, the first fifteen minutes or so was awkward, but after that, it was freeing and very comfortable to just sit and enjoy good people and good food without having to say a word or try at anything.

<grin> Reminds me of that episode of Frasier when Niles was trying to communcate to a German sword instructor via someone who was translating from Spanish to German, with no common language. 21st episode, 2nd season (I'm told...). Ended up in a farcical sword fight. Rarely laughed so much. Your evening I take it did not end so eventfully :)