What did you do today?

riceboy

Spent the last week recovering from an injured hand that has kept me from driving, taking pictures and using the sodding laptop. :palm:

Hope it's better, though since you're typing, unless using one hand, I imagine it is.

I'm in good Samaritan hospital in Baltimore for a sleep study. Once I'm checked in I imagine I'll be in the chat room.

Hope that goes well for you.

I had an uneventful day at work, got caught up with a very close old friend I'd lost contact with for about a year, which was wonderful, and now I'm sitting here waiting for my neighbor to fix my water heater once again. Seems the guys installing the new one a few months ago had it set on max, and the elements burned out already. Can't help but wonder if that was on purpose. Those service calls can be pricey.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in good Samaritan hospital in Baltimore for a sleep study. Once I'm checked in I imagine I'll be in the chat room.
No, you'll be all wired up and trying to sleep.

Sleep well...well, no, actually, sleep "typically", so that if there is anything wrong, they pick up on it.

...i don't care so much about the snoring and grunting and what not.
Sleep apnea can affect you directly, you know. It's a good indicator for other things being wrong.

Hope it's better, though since you're typing, unless using one hand, I imagine it is.

Guys are good at typing with one hand [/swt61]

I had an uneventful day at work, got caught up with a very close old friend I'd lost contact with for about a year, which was wonderful, and now I'm sitting here waiting for my neighbor to fix my water heater once again. Seems the guys installing the new one a few months ago had it set on max, and the elements burned out already. Can't help but wonder if that was on purpose. Those service calls can be pricey.

One of the very first things I did when I moved in here was turn the hot water heater way down.

Catch the two turntable scenes! It's a Gammon Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference (these were also made by JA Michell, but the one in the movie was purchased by Kubrick himself from the elder Gammon).

Nikongod (Ari) is restoring mine as I write this. I bought it new in the 60's.

Catch the two turntable scenes! It's a Gammon Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference (these were also made by JA Michell, but the one in the movie was purchased by Kubrick himself from the elder Gammon).

Nikongod (Ari) is restoring mine as I write this. I bought it new in the 60's.

Astonishingly still made [url=http://www.transcriptors.net/turntables-3/reference-series-ii/]Reference Series II

Sucky visit at the ankle doc:

9cffea29.jpg

d5b80c4f.jpg

He said he doesn't understand how I'm walking around as I have been, but there's absolutely nothing he can do for me to give me any relief, including any pill or shot or therapy. I basically have three choices:

1) Live with it.

2) Have it fused.

3) Have it replaced.

I don't like any of those options, but for now, I'm choosing #1. On the good front, he also told me it didn't matter if I weighed 200 lbs or 100 lbs as far as my pain level goes or my mobility, as it's just that screwed. I'm going to go eat something bad right now to make me feel better :)

What exactly is wrong in the picture?

Sucks, why choose 1 instead of getting it fixed?

Well, if you look closely, you'll see the joint doesn't exactly fit in the socket, and there's a bit of bone on bone.

Living with pain is something I'm used to and can deal with for awhile longer as the other two options may be more problematic. Fusing would eliminate the pain, but I would lose the ability to basically move my ankle, and that would already add to the host of problems that I've already got with muscle atrophy in my calf and butt, due to walking in a kinda a sideways duck walk with my right leg so I don't have to bend my ankle, and throwing off the whole back, etc. I'd rather live in pain. As for replacement....dunno. They didn't even have ankle replacements not that long ago, so I'm just not sure about them. Add in risk, downtime from work, expense, etc., I'm willing to do some research, but that wouldn't be a decision I'd make quickly, and don't know if I could even pull off. Well see.