What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lazed by/in the pool, then out to meet up with some fellow Brits and associated natives for an easy hike in a local state park overlooking the bay, where we encountered several deer and some wild turkeys just to keep it interesting.

Then having worked up an appetite, on to an Indian (restaurant) for Curry and some Bistromathics. We bemoaned the absence of decent (or any) Onion Bhaji's on this side of the pond, and then managed to be the last group to leave,

just before they shut up shop for the night. And it wasn't even chucking out time. Which is entirely the wrong way round!

It's hard to explain, but they're two different things. The best way to improve is to practice in such a way that can only be described as boring and pedantic. Slowly, with a metronome, making sure every single note is in tune, every note is properly vibrated, every phrase and direction is properly conveyed, both by itself and with respect to what is happening around it. However, that does not necessarily make practicing boring. It only does if you're not into music enough and/or don't see an end (eg an eventual finished and polished product you can perform) in sight. I find a lot of the music majors at my school just plain aren't into music, which is odd. It seems blatantly obvious even to me, an outsider of music (I didn't even intend on being a music major until I randomly got the acceptance letter and was like that seems interesting), that you will have to love music enough to practice 6+ hours a day straight, and people just don't seem to get that.

Got up, got a bowl of Pho down at the temple. Spiced the hell out of it, and ate in the Florida heat. One of the better sweaty meals of my life. After that picked up a few extra items to bring home, since this was the last time I'll see the place for a while. They even had two of my favorites that show up rarely.

Came home, took a good nap, munched on more Thai food, packed and cleaned, watched Top Gear. Now I'm doing this but more packing and cleaning is in order. Not yet feeling the move exhaustion though, I'm doing this at a good pace.

Got back to being productive after 4 days of being sick from an epic food poisoning (I'm thinking salmonellosis). It's good to have appetite again after feeling like shit for a few days and there's some positive out of the experience, I lost 4 pounds without having to exercise!

Spent the weekend camping with my family and 3 of my 5 siblings and 4 of my many cousins and all of us have kids, some of whom brought SOs. We totaled 26this year, which is actually a bit lower than usual. We were on Silver Lake, near Lake Tahoe. It was good fun except form the mosquitoes.

Drove back to Mayberry, dropping my niece and BF at their place in Oakland and got back just in time to clean up and host a dinner for 15 with my wife's cousin who was here from Australia. A bit tired but glad to be back at home and now chilling with a drink and the iPad catching up on the 'Case.