What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since putting my deposit down at Last Rites Tattoo Shop on Friday, I've been trying to come up with a cohesive email to describe exactly what I want. Not as easy as I thought... and my appointment for my first session is this Saturday, lol. I didn't leave myself much time.

Since putting my deposit down at Last Rites Tattoo Shop on Friday, I've been trying to come up with a cohesive email to describe exactly what I want. Not as easy as I thought... and my appointment for my first session is this Saturday, lol. I didn't leave myself much time.

salt-peanuts-albums-random-picture2474-unicorn-humping-dolphin-tattoo.jpg

So, I had an appointment with supposedly one the the two best ankle guys in Florida, and the news is pretty good considering wasn't great to begin with. Basically, I have end-stage arthritis, but blah blah knew that already. Basically, there's nothing much that can be done for me blah blah blah, etc. BUT....here's where it gets good...he thinks I won't have to have surgery for at least two to four more years if I "cooperate." I can still do CrossFit (he's familiar with it) if I add a few more modifications to the ones I'm already doing, wear a brace, and if it doesn't affect it negatively, though he said I'll probably have to quit within two years. He's gave me a prescription for yet another NSAID, Meloxicam, which he said he's had success with, and he wants me to take daily for a few weeks, but then only PRN (good, since I don't want to be doing the daily pill thing). And, as long as I got to have this thing, at least I now have a permanent handicap tag for the car. Excellent parking spots for me from here on out!

Edited by boomana

Thanks, Steve. I was pretty happy about it, and I can't say that I'm upset at all about the parking tag :)

Oh....Craig, I did read up on joint resurfacing and asked the doc, but he said that he wouldn't recommend it as there wasn't a good success rate going at all yet. He also talked about various shots and platelet replacement and all sorts of things that folks are working on, but aren't yet ready for prime time, and my insurance definitely won't cover, but it looks like there really is hope for what's possible a couple years down the road when I'll need it most. Though nothing's really changed, I'm looking at this as a very encouraging day.

Plus the parking tag. I just love that. :)

Vicki, glad to hear that the news, while not great, is more in line with what you were hoping to hear. A positive attitude can only help and I know that isn't easy when you're hurting.

Me: dialed the vise on my mill in to within +/- .001" only to figure out that I almost certainly need a larger one. Crap, that is not going to be cheap. I need at least 4" of throat and the current model has ~3.5" which may do for now but not in the long run. :palm:

I said, "fuck it", and drove to Delaware. 3 hours out, hour or so for dinner, hour more or so to sober up, 3 hours back -- yeah, that's my kind of 8 hour day.

I think I listened to Pain of Salvation the entire time, but there might have been some Andromeda and Guilt Machine thrown in there. Also, I think I found Pain of Salvation's greatest song:

Though I'm feeling a bit weird (and old) reporting my medical whatevers here, I just want to say that the prescription the doc gave me yesterday works. Today was the first day that I've not been in some level of nasty pain in probably a year or more. I'd just gotten to a place of acceptance and tried to do things in spite of it and not complain, but the truth is that it was at the point these past six months or more where I really didn't want to do anything at all once I got home, including walking to the mailbox, moving around the house, going to the grocery store, going out with friends, etc. I'll say that this pill took the pain level from my daily standard of a 4-8, depending on time of day, to a steady but oh so pleasant 2. I've been running around all day and I feel like going out to do something later.

I went an got my handicap plate from the Tax Collector's Office this morning. I found the new sign they had rather funny:

0c5bf804.jpg

Today has been an excellent day.

I just want to say that the prescription the doc gave me yesterday works. Today was the first day that I've not been in some level of nasty pain in probably a year or more.

That is serious good news!

I went an got my handicap plate from the Tax Collector's Office this morning. I found the new sign they had rather funny:

:rofl:

My doctor said I looked like I lost weight, so that made me feel good, despite feeling I am the most out-of-shape I've ever been, short of the early oughts (in which I had CFS). So I asked her to check to see if my thyroid was flaring up again (which would also explain the crankiness). No, I didn't mention the beer, but I just suggested that I shouldn't be losing weight, considering, amongst other things, that I'm not even exercising.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

I found out I'm gonna be an uncle.

Cograt Alex!

Being an Uncle is awesome. You get to spoil the hell out of them. I particularly loved getting my neices and nephews all hyped up on sugar just before dropping them back off at home. And every Christmas included at least one really big, really loud toy. :D

Edited by swt61

Though I'm feeling a bit weird (and old) reporting my medical whatevers here, I just want to say that the prescription the doc gave me yesterday works. Today was the first day that I've not been in some level of nasty pain in probably a year or more.

QUOTE]

Glad you've gotten some relief! Having constant pain is one of the worst things you could have. I have to give you credit for how well you deal with the chronic pain. I'd have never guessed when I met you at CJ that you were in significant pain. Or maybe it was the endorphins generated from the awesomeness of the event ... :)