What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night and into this morning, I took my daughter to a sweet 16 party for two of her friends at a movie theater. I know most of the adults involved, and ended up staying for the duration and having a couple of beers. The two birthday girls are in a rock band called The She's and through MySpace or somehow, they became friends with the legitimate SF band Girls. Christopher Owens, lead singer of Girls, asked the Austin, TX band Harlem to play for their party and they agreed to come and play after opening at the Warfield Theater for Jack White's new band Dead Weather, with whom they are touring. They actually showed up and set up in one of the theaters and played for 40 minutes or so starting at about 12:30am. They kept saying how weird it was but that they were having fun and how weird it was that they were having fun. My daughter points out today that they Tweeted similarly to their followers last night. Odd evening and odd sweet 16 but cool nonetheless.

Yesterday: Drove to Tallahassee. Unloaded uhaul. Sweated like a sweaty mofo. Had a giant sushi bowl at SumoSabi. Slept.

Today: Posting at McD's. Damn their free wi-fi, I already have a serious weakness for their breakfast foods.

Got to find a large area rug today. Emailing craigslist peoples. I failed to notice how soft and off kilter the living room floor in my house was. Not something that's going to fall through, and nothing a rug won't fix. Old house with old house problems but I'm already falling in love with the place.

Last night and into this morning, I took my daughter to a sweet 16 party for two of her friends at a movie theater. I know most of the adults involved, and ended up staying for the duration and having a couple of beers. The two birthday girls are in a rock band called The She's and through MySpace or somehow, they became friends with the legitimate SF band Girls. Christopher Owens, lead singer of Girls, asked the Austin, TX band Harlem to play for their party and they agreed to come and play after opening at the Warfield Theater for Jack White's new band Dead Weather, with whom they are touring. They actually showed up and set up in one of the theaters and played for 40 minutes or so starting at about 12:30am. They kept saying how weird it was but that they were having fun and how weird it was that they were having fun. My daughter points out today that they Tweeted similarly to their followers last night. Odd evening and odd sweet 16 but cool nonetheless.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/fashion/21rockkids.html

?

I'd send you some but somehow I don't think customs takes too kindly to some white powder (well slight yellow tint) in a bag being shipped... :D The manufacturer bags are also too big since you could make about 1000 pieces from a 30pound bag.