What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent 3 hours yesterday in the ER with atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter. I finally converted (i.e. returned to normal heat beat/rate) while I was sleeping last night. I get an echo cardiogram next week and a meeting with a cardiologist to see where we go from here. This wasn't surprising as the condition is common and runs in my family. Such is life.

damn, perhaps you should have started with a good 'stat amp instead as your first DIY project... ya know, just in case :)

Just found out a former co-worker was murdered over the weekend. No information yet, but it looks like she was targeted. Dropped off her 8 year old son with her ex and her boyfriend found her shot to death. At the moment neither one is a suspect. The only thing they're releasing is it looks like she was targeted.

Shitty day...

Update.

The husband of a woman killed in her Nashville home Aug. 29 has been charged with first-degree murder along with a friend who police say fired the fatal shot.

Three weeks of intense investigation involving hundreds of man-hours led to Tuesday's indictments in the slaying of Veronica Bozza, 39, found dead in her home on New John Hagar Road, according to a Metro police news release.

The victim's estranged husband, Timothy Bozza, 41, and his friend, Cory Cotham, 37, conspired to kill Veronica Bozza, police say. The investigation was headed by Detectives Johnny Crumby and Andrew Injaychock, and supported by a number of expert analysts from the Metro Police Department and the TBI.

Veronica Bozza was shot to death in the living room of her home less than an hour after meeting Timothy Bozza at a parking lot on Thompson Lane to bring the couple's 8-year-old son to spend the night with his father.

The investigation concluded that Cotham committed the slaying while Timothy Bozza headed to his Robertson County home with the child.

Deputy United States Marshals arrested Cotham Tuesday afternoon in Glasgow, Ky. He was being held there as a fugitive from justice, awaiting a court hearing to determine if he will waive extradition to Nashville. The indictments also charge Cotham with especially aggravated robbery.

Hermitage Precinct detectives arrested Bozza Tuesday evening while he was driving in Robertson County. He was booked into Metro Jail.

A judge has ordered both men held without bail until a Criminal Court arraignment date is set.

Anyone with information about Timothy Bozza and/or Cory Cotham is asked to contact detectives at 862-7727.

Veronica Bozza was from Milan, Italy, and was a producer in the television and music industry.

Talked to a friend about a week after it happened who knew her well. She was pretty sure the hubby was in on it. Sad...

That's just plain evil. A similar thing happened to a friend of my wife years ago in San Francisco. The woman was a hairdresser and the estranged husband (ex con loser) hired a hit man who went into her shop in broad daylight and shot her in the face, killing her outright. Luckily the pair weren't exactly smart and were rounded up very quickly. Wifey was shook up for a good while after that. You just don't expect your friends to be executed out of the blue.

Where I worked with V we needed to have some shelves built to hold large format videotapes. Her ex (husband at the time) came in and built them for us. Seemed like a nice guy and did a good job. However after she was murdered I went to visit a friend at another production facility that knew her real well. She mentioned that he had been an asshole about the whole divorce thing, and had made it real hard on V. Like I said... virtually all of her close friends thought he had something to do with it. I just hope it was quick. I'm not looking forward to hearing details of the crime scene. She has a son, but I don't know what will happen to him. Her family is in Italy. They cremated her 2 weeks ago.

We were wondering what was taking so long. The police were being pretty tight lipped about it. My guess is what they probably did was look for a money trail. Once that was established I'm betting that they had to find the trigger man... who by accounts must have split to Kentucky for a while after the murder.

Just locked keys in my car. :palm:

Doh! Been there, done that - in a remote and deserted car park in January in near darkness having been for a long run, soaked with sweat. Eventually found someone with a cell phone who called rescue for me. I recovered from near hypothermia in the rescue truck while their guy took nearly half an hour to break into my car - it was not easy.

Got told I was chosen to represent my company at some all day something or another held at the South Florida Fairgrounds on Saturday. It was presented to me as some sort of sign of respect that they trust me to do this, which I'm not discounting, but I'm fully aware that it's also a dump job. There goes my Saturday.

Just had a visit from our friendly neighborhood bobcat. :o haven't had one run through our yard in a few years. This one is about twice the size of an ordinary large house cat but with very vibrant colors. Kind of looked like a miniature Tony the tiger. Needless to say I canceled BBQing this evening.

Just had a visit from our friendly neighborhood bobcat. :o haven't had one run through our yard in a few years. This one is about twice the size of an ordinary large house cat but with very vibrant colors. Kind of looked like a miniature Tony the tiger. Needless to say I canceled BBQing this evening.

Have you ever considered hosting a wildlife show from your yard? :D