What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got really pissed and went into a 5 minute swearing fit when I found out my favourite discount brokerage had been bought out by TD-Ameritrade. Goddamn Ameriturd, I got a Think or Swim account so I could get the hell away from Ameriturd and its shitty lagging bug-filled platform, and now the bastards bought out ToS. Other than that, uneventful day.

I'm keeping my ToS account open for now, but if it starts going downhill everything's getting transfered to my Interactive Brokers and Schwab accounts. According to the ToS owners, everything will run as usual after the sale is closed but who knows?

I'm really hoping Ameriturd runs ToS as a separate division and doesn't dick with it, ToS has the best trading platform I've ever used, their fee structure is very reasonable and most importantly their backend is dead stable and always fast, even on massive volume days such as OPEX or FOMC days. Ameriturd always slows to a crawl and goes to shit on heavy volume days. Options trading is going to be a pain in the ass if I have to leave ToS.

And then you decked them, didn't you, you Irish fuck!:D

Well, yeah, that's what I meant by moving on. :)

Jan 8, 2009

8:39 PM

Delivery exception

CHICOPEE, MA

Unable to locate address - Street number

FUCK YOU FEDEX.

FedEx has fucked up 2 deliveries for me in the last 2 weeks. Did you wait all day?

Started the day (midnight) trying to troubleshoot my non-functioning furnace. Went to bed around one with no luck and the temp in the low 60's. Woke up with it at 57, and called the HVAC people. Ugh. Working again, no thanks to the idiots who placed the tanks so the regulator is directly under the eave's drip edge, leading to it being covered in ice and the vent grating blocked up.

Still slightly too hot for sleeping, but you are getting there.

Thermometer in my room read 41* this morning. Just about perfect.

Jan 8, 2009

8:39 PM

Delivery exception

CHICOPEE, MA

Unable to locate address - Street number

FUCK YOU FEDEX.

Jan 8, 2009

8:19 PM

Delivery exception

LONDONDERRY, NH

Local weather delay, delivery not attempted

Weather delay? What, did the sunshine blind him? Was it the 15 minutes of snow? Asshats, the lot of them.

Jan 7, 2009 9:28 AM

Delivery exception

BROOKLYN, NY

Rerouted to correct delivery address

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 9:28 AM on January 7, 2009 in BROOKLYN, NY 11201. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

FUCK YOU FEDEX AND USPS!!!!!!!!

Jan 8, 2009

8:19 PM

Delivery exception

LONDONDERRY, NH

Local weather delay, delivery not attempted

Weather delay? What, did the sunshine blind him? Was it the 15 minutes of snow? Asshats, the lot of them.

Based on my recent experience, it now appears that if there is inclement weather ANYWHERE in North America, FedEx releases itself from any obligation to deliver packages on time. Of course, FedEx disclaims any liability arising from weather delays, and has a policy of not even offering a partial refund in such instances. Assfaceholeheads.

Thats why I use UPS. FED-EX just leaves shit on the ground in front of my door even when im home. If your lucky enough it will be a multi peice shipment and they will save you the trouble of opening all the boxes at once because they always bring the goddamn boxes a couple of days apart. USPS??? I pay taxes to get treated like shit by a bunch of mindless fuckers who cant be fired, you gotta love it.

I have had problems with FedEx and UPS. Mostly misplaced, delayed and misdelivered packages. Fortunately I have never had to file a claim with either, I hope that day never comes.

I have never lost a package, had a package damaged or had to call, deal with, or yell at a postal worker. Perhaps its a fluke, but USPS has never failed for me, both domestic and international. Plus, if you go into your local post office often enough you get to know them and they get to know you. It doesn't hurt to bring homemade pumpkin bread during Christmas ;)

OT: What I did today: Nailed my presentation at work, the boss was impressed and they want to subscribe to my newsletter. So that's good.

I have had problems with FedEx and UPS. Mostly misplaced, delayed and misdelivered packages. Fortunately I have never had to file a claim with either, I hope that day never comes.

I have never lost a package, had a package damaged or had to call, deal with, or yell at a postal worker. Perhaps its a fluke, but USPS has never failed for me, both domestic and international. Plus, if you go into your local post office often enough you get to know them and they get to know you. It doesn't hurt to bring homemade pumpkin bread during Christmas ;)

OT: What I did today: Nailed my presentation at work, the boss was impressed and they want to subscribe to my newsletter. So that's good.

x2 on pretty much all of this. I have sent and received some huge, expensive items (DMX-512 lights) via USPS with little or no problems. I should keep a logbook for the problems I had with UPS. It used to be, 10 or so years ago, that FedEx was the more expensive, better alternative to "Brown." I'm quite sure that the "better" part no longer applies. FedEx are so incompetent that I'm going to start calling them "Fudd Ex." huhuhuhuhuh.

I had good luck with DHL while they did business in this country, but that was only involving a handful of items.

FedEx has fucked up 2 deliveries for me in the last 2 weeks. Did you wait all day?

I did indeed, re-arranging my whole day so I could be here to sign for the package. I wasted all day yesterday and 2/3 of today. Finally, at 3:45 this afternoon this arrived:

op34n6.jpg

...and inside the huge box was this:

wwntlc.jpg

Unfortunately, it rattles like there's a loose screw or component inside of it. :eek::palm::mad:

I'm going to let it get up to room temperature and then see about taking it apart and investigated.