What did you do today?

riceboy

We're using the postjackian definition of profit.

Business Plan (preliminary version 1.1.0.3.5a-33)

1. Form record company for the sole purpose of hanging out and making needle drops with friends.

2. Make some needle drops while "working" from home.

3. Have a drink w/ friends.

4. Profit.

GuinnessBrilliant.jpg

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Form record company for the sole purpose of hanging out and making needle drops with friends.

4. Profit.

Ah.

And: love the invention and use of "Postjackian".

This is clearly the season in New England for things to become over-encumbered, fall down and break other -- quite important -- things.

My wife had apparently gradually accumulated so much cosmetic and pharmacological shit in our (large) medicine cabinet that it finally tore off the wall today and exploded on the floor. I use that word advisedly -- I was in the basement at the time and I thought a plane had hit the fucking house. It also managed to take out the toilet, straight across the s-bend. Clean-up was a real treat and as I was gloomily inventorying all the new things we need (storage, tiles, throne etc.) the unrepentant perp further improved my mood by saying: "I hate this bathroom. Call the builders after Christmas and let's get it completely redone!"

:palm:

This is clearly the season in New England for things to become over-encumbered, fall down and break other -- quite important -- things.

My wife had apparently gradually accumulated so much cosmetic and pharmacological shit in our (large) medicine cabinet that it finally tore off the wall today and exploded on the floor. I use that word advisedly -- I was in the basement at the time and I thought a plane had hit the fucking house. It also managed to take out the toilet, straight across the s-bend. Clean-up was a real treat and as I was gloomily inventorying all the new things we need (storage, tiles, throne etc.) the unrepentant perp further improved my mood by saying: "I hate this bathroom. Call the builders after Christmas and let's get it completely redone!"

:useless:

Bloody hell Hopstretch...... I thought my woman had accumulated a lot of shit, but at least it hasn't made anything fall off the wall yet! :o

As for me, I've started re-ripping my music to FLAC with dbpoweramp for archiving purposes, then subsequently batch converting everything to Lame -V0 mp3 for iPod use. This program kicks so much arse, I think I will actually pay for the full version.

That might be the first time I've laughed all day! Damn, that sucks, but great story! :palm:

4. Profit.

It makes sense, if you think about it. :)

yesterday I bought Morrissey tickets first thing in the morning (Variety Playhouse, ATL, GA, 3/7/09) worked, went to dinner with friends at Los Rancheros Mexican restaurant. Talked about why Los was the best damn Mexican restaurant ever and decided it had something to do with the cheese. Heard a great urologist joke from my friend Ron. He said he'd told it to a few people who didn't know what a urologist was and that didn't work. I told him he should have said "dick doctor".

Came home, played some late night Oblivion on PS3, listened to some Neil, crashed out. Now I'm up and waiting for 10AM CST so I can buy Ryan Adams tickets (he's coming back to Mobile!!).

I just sledded off of a jump and landed on my shoulders with my legs above me compressing my back and sternum. The wind was knocked out of me for over a minute. It really sucked and I'm glad it wasn't taped and youtubed. It hurt but I'm sure that it's nothing compaired to the pain I'll be in tomorrow.

Backed up more data off the laptop (did the freezer trick with the hardrive twice and it worked :) ) and put up with listening to dynamic speakers to keep myself from going crazy without music.

Laptop is working fine with 5x more space and back upstairs listening to the Stax. Decent day :P

post-236-12951152664646_thumb.jpg

post-236-1295115266728_thumb.jpg

Just finished the first round of snow shoveling. The job got a lot easier when a town plow (or more likely a contracted private plower) cleared about a 1/3 of our driveway for us. Also to their credit, they didn't plow us in (i.e., leave 3 feet wall of snow in front of the driveway) after Friday's snow either.

1. Watched it snow.

2. Fought with Comcast, who for reasons unknown have seen fit to turn off all of my HD service outside of basic broadcast channels. :palm:

3. Watched it snow some more.

4. Fought with the SimpleSE which blew a fuse late last night at the tail end of a listening session. It's unclear what the problem might be. :(

2. Fought with Comcast, who for reasons unknown have seen fit to turn off all of my HD service outside of basic broadcast channels. :palm:

4. Fought with the SimpleSE which blew a fuse late last night at the tail end of a listening session. It's unclear what the problem might be. :(

:( Indeed.

Photos of yesterday's progress on the kitchen renovation...

Before (And yes, that floor was out of level by more than 6"... Gotta love converted barn spaces!!!):

1229450033_kitchen_demo_011_resize.jpg

After (with the old carpet down to keep things clean):

1229892046_kitchen_002_resize.jpg

A small 4'x6' area in front of the door will stay low, with a coat closet where the fridge is. The rest will be brought up to the level we just moved down yesterday. And it will be level! Then we'll square up the wall framing to get it ready for new cabinets, with the sink and all of the appliances being relocated and with a pantry closet going in where the current sink base cabinet is. It's hard to believe I'll be able to double the size of my kitchen and near triple my counter space.