Deals

Dusty Chalk

Yup, it was obviously drop shipped from "Magnell", and they probably told NewEgg that they have all this stock of DS508's, and could you blow them out at $200, etc. I don't blame NewEgg at all, but they really should just go ahead and refund the money -- some people bought a bunch of WD Reds or Greens or whatever to populate this, I'm just glad that I didn't get around to it between when I got the ship notice yesterday and when I came in and saw the box today. That's just softcore, dude.

Same problem here.  I asked for a replacement of the right item, I'll see what they say:

Edit:  They issued the RMA, which states the following:

If Newegg no longer carries an item that is sent in for replacement, or if that item is simply out of stock, the item will be sent to our Back-Order RMA Department. You will be notified via email of two options: 1) Newegg can send you a comparable replacement item, or 2) Newegg can issue you a refund at the current market value of the product. A current-market-value refund may not exceed the original invoice price. If the item is returned within 30 days of the original invoice date, a full refund will be issued. 

Are you guys being made whole or are you just getting refunded?

I got an email from Newegg last night that said the following: 

I truly do apologize as it looks like there was an error in our inventory when this was labeled. The inventory is correct. Would you like to change your RMA to a replacement? Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Again, I apologize for this and I hope that you have a wonderful day.

I called the CS contact that I was given and they stated that as soon as the incorrect item was returned (with the prepaid label they provided) that they would overnight me the correct Synology DS-508.  So I'm hopeful that the second time will be the charm.

I just checked the website and mine shipped but no shipping notice received yet.  Jim, I will let you know.  This may be more than I need.

Thanks Mike. I will take you up on it if it is the real deal. As Nate said they are back in stock but I am waiting to see if and when people start actually receiving a NAS. By the time it is straightened out they will probably be out of stock.