Deals

Dusty Chalk

Ric, thanks for posting that! I'd been wondering where I could find out about the show specials.

A couple notes:

- The coupon code they provide for Crossover Mac also works for Crossover Games. I've been using the trial version for a couple of days to play a couple of PC games that I've kinda been missing since I switched to Mac full-time. It works well to satisfy the occasional PC gaming itch, at least for me, though I'm not particularly hardcore. Haven't tried Crossover for non-games yet, but based on my experience with running games, I'm convinced it's both solid and less annoying than running a full Windows environment in VMWare, so I'm going ahead and buying it.

- Any Frank Miller fans here (I'm guessing we have some) should have a look at Gelaskins' new offerings. Their market is mostly Macs and iThings, but they cover other devices too.

10% off at Elusive Disc until 6pm EST Monday 15 Feb -- enter VDAY in special instructions field of checkout page. "The discount WILL NOT be reflected on our website. We will download your order, adjust the price, and then bill your credit card the discounted price."

More fine print:

Other Elusive Disc promotions or "special sale" items cannot be combined with the specials in this email. This Sale CANNOT be combined with our current 20% OFF Select Music Offer. Normal Elusive Disc, Inc. policy applies to damaged or defective items. Email special items may only be returned for store credit. This offer cannot be applied to any previous orders. NO Exceptions!

Cannot be applied to PRE-ORDERS, already discounted items and items notated on our website as 'Not Eligible For Further Discount'. Most 45rpm 180g 2LP Sets are NOT eligible. Price and availability subject to change without notice. Orders with both preorder and in-stock items will have all in-stock items shipped immediately. This offer applies to most items we sell. Some manufacturers such as Aesthetix, Musical Surroundings, Immedia and other products are excluded from these specials. We will contact you if any item you order is not eligible for this offer.

I have one of those and honestly it's not much for music, but it gives a really good improvement in the distance from which I'm likely to notice the phone ringing (1st generation iPhone's ringer is pretty weak). At $11 it'd be more than worth it to me just for that.

Also fairly pretty; good if a Lucite stand fits your office decor better than a standard slab-white iPod dock. (I'm actually somewhat serious about that.)

I have one of those and honestly it's not much for music, but it gives a really good improvement in the distance from which I'm likely to notice the phone ringing (1st generation iPhone's ringer is pretty weak). At $11 it'd be more than worth it to me just for that.

Also fairly pretty; good if a Lucite stand fits your office decor better than a standard slab-white iPod dock. (I'm actually somewhat serious about that.)

Definitely not for critical listening but the sound us fine for background music in an office or bedroom, and it is a great way to play podcasts or audiobooks anywhere. My son uses it all over the place and we would have used it with an infant like you have all the time. $11 is no-brainer territory.

It's a strange day when something that a mid-fi guy like me thinks good only for ringtones gets better scores from the the Omega-toting, DAC-offing, ball-rocking, customs-remolding, Dead-taping HC elite. Maybe I woke up in bizarro world this morning.

More seriously, what phone models are you guys using? Mine's just a 1st generation iPhone which doesn't have much of a speaker on it to begin with. Maybe the little Griffin thingy simply outperforms it, though I wouldn't have expected that.