Deals

Dusty Chalk

Find a Best Buy on Weekly Deals & Sale Items - Buy.com

Some Ultimate Ears Metro-fi 200s for $19.99 and free shipping. Are these half-way decent?

Also, a 19" Viewsonic monitor (refurb) for $89.99

I don't know if they are halfway decent or not without hearing I guess, but they have a 20db boosted bass it seems and looks like it really rolls off the highs on the frequency chart from a quick google search.

fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I wasn't going to buy anymore anime until I've cleared out my backlog. Fortunately a lot of stuff (most of it?) in that sale isn't really any cheaper than what it normally goes for, so I might be able to survive this one. If it was up to 50% off the normal sale prices, then I'd be in trouble, but it's up to 50% off the retail price. Most anime sells for around 30-40% off retail to begin with, so...

Edited by Fitz

fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I wasn't going to buy anymore anime until I've cleared out my backlog. Fortunately a lot of stuff (most of it?) in that sale isn't really any cheaper than what it normally goes for, so I might be able to survive this one. If it was up to 50% off the normal sale prices, then I'd be in trouble, but it's up to 50% off the retail price. Most anime sells for around 30-40% off retail to begin with, so...

Still a decent deal! I'm going to have to browse thru their sale selection....

Out-of-production Bill Evans' Waltz for Debby XRCD at Elusive Disc for $50: https://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JVCXR-0220

"Only a few copies available!" Yeah and I just got one of them. ;)

Elusive Disc also has the last batch of The Beatles Mono Box Set at $199 right now: https://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EMICDB99451. Lower than even Amazon's price....

A bunch of Classic Records stuff on sale at Acoustic Sounds. I think I read on Hoffman's forums that Classic Records went out of business or something. The 24/96 DVDs are $10 each with buy 10 get 1 free, which might be perfect if their database is to be believe that there are 11 such discs. There are also LPs and regular DVD-a discs for sale as well.

A bunch of Classic Records stuff on sale at Acoustic Sounds. I think I read on Hoffman's forums that Classic Records went out of business or something. The 24/96 DVDs are $10 each with buy 10 get 1 free, which might be perfect if their database is to be believe that there are 11 such discs. There are also LPs and regular DVD-a discs for sale as well.

Classic Records are supposedly done for, AS has bought up their remaining inventory. I would grab any music you're interested in before it shoots up in price, not that AS hasn't already jacked up their prices :rolleyes:

Great stuff from Classic:

(all vinyl)

Jimi Hendrix (all analog sourced)

Miles Davis - KOB (it is speed corrected)

Peter Gabriel - 1,2,3,4, So

Jethro Tull Aqualung

Led Zeppelin (already long OOP)

Genesis (already long OOP)

and they have quite a bit of other jazz, though I wouldn't pay much for their Blue Notes since a lot of them are also on 45 rpm by Music Matters and AP. The above is just some of the stuff I've listened to.

Has anyone managed to get rid of the "new foam smell" from the Sale A Day aluminum camera case? I've had mine open for a week now and the foam still has that smell. I stored the HE60 in them overnight by accident and the HE60 pads absorbed the foam smell, fortunately it went away after a couple of days switching back to the Sennheiser hard case.

Has anyone managed to get rid of the "new foam smell" from the Sale A Day aluminum camera case? I've had mine open for a week now and the foam still has that smell. I stored the HE60 in them overnight by accident and the HE60 pads absorbed the foam smell, fortunately it went away after a couple of days switching back to the Sennheiser hard case.

I've had mine open for the past month and I don't smell anything... anymore.