Deals

Dusty Chalk

Nikon D90 12.3MP dSLR Camera w/ 18-200mm lens $1,347 + free shipping

B&H Photo-Video offers the Nikon D90 DX-Format 12.3-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera with the Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Zoom Lens for $1,347.45. (Add it to your cart to get this price.) With free shipping, it's $20 under our mention from two weeks ago and $123 under the lowest total price we could find for the pair when purchased separately elsewhere. Features include a 3" LCD, 4.5fps, 720p HD video recording (a first for a digital SLR), USB 2.0 connectivity, in-camera image editing, and more. Deal ends December 31.

Nikon D90 12MP Digital SLR Camera $1,347 - dealmac.com

tempting...

Nikon D90 12.3MP dSLR Camera w/ 18-200mm lens $1,347 + free shipping

B&H Photo-Video offers the Nikon D90 DX-Format 12.3-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera with the Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Zoom Lens for $1,347.45. (Add it to your cart to get this price.) With free shipping, it's $20 under our mention from two weeks ago and $123 under the lowest total price we could find for the pair when purchased separately elsewhere. Features include a 3" LCD, 4.5fps, 720p HD video recording (a first for a digital SLR), USB 2.0 connectivity, in-camera image editing, and more. Deal ends December 31.

Nikon D90 12MP Digital SLR Camera $1,347 - dealmac.com

tempting...

I just got this exact setup from amazon for $1289.94 (instant $250 off when you buy both the D90 body and the 18-200 VR lens). I thought the amazon deal was supposed to last until Jan 2 but they don't seem to have it on the website anymore.

As for the camera and lens, I just got mine in the mail yesterday and have been shooting away. It is great!

That is a good deal. I've been reading up on the D90 vs D300(s) to decide which one will be best for me. This is a decent article:

Nikon D80 vs D90 vs D300 Digital Camera Showdown | Spot Cool Stuff: Tech

and here's a good review of D300s

Nikon D300S Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

Looks like the short version D90 = D300 - burst rate & magnesium body (not including the "s" upgrades to the 300)

Big fan of the D90 / 18-200 VR combo, which I've been shooting for just about a year now. At either of those prices it's a fine deal. The body is very responsive, generally snapping right in on the focus points I want it to, doing a good job with exposure, and with enough controls to let you easily take charge when you want to without having to go through the menu system every time. The 18-200 VR is a terrific all-around travel lens for a piker like me, though of course it doesn't let you limit DOF the way a pro lens would.

I think the II version of the lens in the deals above adds a zoom lock to prevent zoom creep when carrying it around, which is something my rig - with version 1 of the lens - lacks. Kinda wish I had it, but not enough to buy all over again.

Free 3-Month Trial of Amazon Prime - Slickdeals.net

It works even if you have done a free trial before. You probably need to log out to do it. There are directions here if you need them.

Not sure how long this will last, as it's already been up a day, but hopefully at least all of you will be able to take advantage.

**BRENT**

Microsoft 16GB Zune HD Video MP3 Player - EHD-00001 - Buy.com

That should net you a 16GB HD for $189.99 + free shipping.

Oh whoops, thanks for that. I might have to pull the trigger on that beat up Lambda instead...:(

Meanwhile, worth a shot: is this real? are these akg k 702's? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210239323&listingid=66984736

The 18-200 VR is a terrific all-around travel lens for a piker like me, though of course it doesn't let you limit DOF the way a pro lens would.

I agree. So I added a nifty fifty for low light and playing with DOF and still keeping the whole kit nice and light.

I has a question. Anyone know what size the Comply tip is that is included? I'm assuming medium? I seem to be a large using the silicone and want to try the Comply, but the included one seems to be too small. Alternatively, anyone have some they'd want to sell?

USED VICTOR XL-Z999EX CD PLAYER IN MINT CONDITION 9/10 - eBay (item 300382997125 end time Jan-09-10 08:59:31 PST)

ultra rare cdp...

why so special?

this is the player the reimyo cdp-777 is based on as it uses the same transport, DAC and in many other ways is quite similar to the reimyo cdp-777, but 33% less expensive.

"Victor Company of Japan Ltd has introduced its XL-Z999EX deluxe CD player. The product features the company's proprieatary Extended K2 processing technology which expands the audio signals through a double sampling frequency to ensure quality CD reproduction of the original sound from digital input. XL-Z999EX is priced at 650,000 yen ( $5,328 ) -- 1999."

Google Translate

Google Image Result for http://audio-heritage.jp/VICTOR/player/xl-z900(3).JPG

I has a question. Anyone know what size the Comply tip is that is included? I'm assuming medium? I seem to be a large using the silicone and want to try the Comply, but the included one seems to be too small. Alternatively, anyone have some they'd want to sell?

I actually didn't know/think they came is sizes at the ear end, since they squash and expand. (My 23 word review of Complys, BTW, is that I love them on my SE-420s, but I prefer the Christmas trees on my RE-1s. And fresh Complys sound better than older ones.)

Jeff Koontz should know the answer to all questions Comply. [email protected]