There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

Tom,

I didn't mean for my question to sound accusatory, I was just curious if he'd slipped and actually admitted anything to you. It's not a very big leap to guess that he's having $$ problems although he's got a warehouse full of solutions if he'd just drop the price of some of his tubes or get his act together on that front.

I dont know if selling tubes will get him out of this. he seems to have the same customer service, and quality control with the tube sales as with his amps. i sent a friend to him for tubes (quite awhile back) and they came but did not work. he sent them back and Mikhail sent another batch, same thing. Kevin sent them back again and Mikhail would not repay him. Kevin filed with the CC company and Mikhail tells the CC that he never got the tubes back. then emailed Kevin and said he would pay back 4 of the 5 hundred. Kevin took what he could get and was happy to get anything. IMO, anyone that deals with Mikahil should only use a CC. Also dont use that until you see the package has been shipped. Keep all conversations via email and dont let Mikhail talk you into to many time delays because it makes it harder to get the CC companies to work for you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he obviously doesn't test everything like he says he does. He has sent me a lot of crappy/noisy tubes but i didn't pay for most of them so i have no recourse. I don't buy tubes from him anymore.

Basically all my business is going elsewhere from now on. I don't trust a word out of his mouth. There is definitely something strange going on there. I am pretty sure his wife is the AP person he refers to so mysteriously. He has told me his wife has experience in business management. If that is the case maybe we should start talking to her. To me it's just a shift the blame game/manipulation to buy time. I don't think either he or his wife are capable of running this business in an effective manner.

But he has a tube tester? How could he send a second lot that didn't work

Who knows? the first tubes were a pr. of Bendix 6900. One worked, one didnt. the other was shipped back and Mikhail sent another. it didnt work either. they were both sent back and Mikhail sent 7044s and a couple 5687s. kevin didnt need the 5687s and the 7044 were no good. they all went back. Nowadays he is 99.9% unreliable.

And word from the man!

Dan,

The FedEx station will process the packages on Monday morning. They

weren't able to process today. Attached are the air bills. I'll give

you a call as soon as I get a chance probably tomorrow if you're not

busy.

-

He sent me two images of the labels.

I replied with this:

Thanks sir. Call me at any time. I hope its okay that I pay when the processing happens. It is the weekend anyways. I hope your accounts payable person is not working tomorrow.

My meet went pretty well. The ES-1 was the only amp of yours in attendance though it was only a 6 person meet. I have to say the O2 Mark 1s sounded amazing out of mikeymad's unit.

________________________________________________________________________________

This tracking update has been requested by:

Company Name: Singlepower Audio Inc.

Name: Galina Rotenberg

E-mail: [email protected]

Message: FedEx did not process today, it will be processed on Monday.

________________________________________________________________________________

Galina Rotenberg of Singlepower Audio Inc. sent Daniel Chow of Google/ co Dan Chow 2 FedEx Express Saver package(s).

This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 01/12/2009.

Master tracking number: XXXXXXXXXXXX (1 of 2)

Tracking number: XXXXXXXXXXXX (2 of 2)

To track the latest status of your shipment, click on the tracking number above,

or visit us at fedex.com.

To learn more about FedEx Express, please visit our website at fedex.com.

This tracking update has been sent to you by FedEx on the behalf of the

Requestor noted above. FedEx does not validate the authenticity of the

requestor and does not validate, guarantee or warrant the authenticity of the

request, the requestor's message, or the accuracy of this tracking update. For

tracking results and fedex.com's terms of use, go to fedex.com.

Thank you for your business.

Ooh sounds promising... tracking #'s werent actually XXXXXXXXXXXX of course.

Well yes... yes it would! :) But I cannot get him to send it out without paying him some money. In fact he says he would not send it out if I did not pay him more than the 500 I first offered. He credits this to his accounts payable person :/

My reply to him would be return all my money if you dont like my terms. :cool:

Yeah I am going to try and not pay him til Monday when I have some verification Fedex has it in their possession.

It's a nice thought Jeepster and I appreciate the sentiment, but that sort of ultimatum isn't all that intimidating. I have only paid him 500 dollars some of which (Possibly all of it) can be considered to go towards work on the headband which I have in my possession even if its kinda crappy. The amp MSRP'd significantly more than 500 dollars. So I'm sure he would be happy keeping it in his possession.

If I did a chargeback he very well could just turn around and sell my amp to someone else for significantly more than 500 dollars. It's not like he doesn't still have any customers at all... I guess he might, but shrug I'm sure there are still the faithful.

Hell 6 months ago if he was like "Hey Dan I have a completed SDS-XLR that a customer decided they didn't want and stopped payment on.. would you be interested in it for 5k?" I very well may have taken him up on that. Who knows... esp if the full history wasn't publicized.

Shrug ;p I'll do the catching of the flight and the knocking on his door if need be, but it's not something I can just do. I have to buy tickets at a decent price and allocate vacation time in case it drags on.. and arrange housing. I was tempted to arrange Fedex pickup like someone said if it truly is packed... but I don't want to throw money down the drain in case it isn't actually packed and Fedex shows up to pick up nothing.

Now you are out an amp, the money paid for the amp, your plane ticket, hotel for the night, taxi and/or rental car.

Its hypothetical but it seems to me that I never had the amp, whould have never received the money back. Even if I did get the amp back it is likely to have problems and cause me to still not have the amp. In this situation, what will rolling over and spreading your ass cheeks do? :confused:

Well if he takes to long let me know. I have a pr. of 2c51 adapters here.

I have one as well if you need a third :)

Thanks, no need, I already have two 2C51 adapters.

I bought two Bendix 2C51 tubes off SP's eBay account, at the time not realizing it was SP until I saw the name on the PayPal bill. The tubes were horribly microphonic and unusable. I could hear the clicks of the volume knob through the headphones. I sent them back and received replacement tubes along with tube adapters a week ago.

Mikhail was quick to send the adapters and replacement tubes to me. With the eBay tubes, he was a bit slow, but not too slow. His account still has 100% feedback and at least with eBay and PayPal he's got to consider the possibility of getting negative feedback or disputes.