There's something wrong in Colorado...

n_maher

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for school cancellation:p

My wife works in a school and they've missed so many days already (mostly due to the epic ice storm) that the school just announced that any further cancellations will be taken out of school vacation weeks. Talk about a kick in the nuts... >:(

Yeah... I mean this is the same sort of stalling stuff that happened every week the last two months. The main change as visible to me is that he has it packed and it isn't just I'll mail it out today.. oh nope tomorrow oh nope tomorrow.

Ohwell whatever this is still some sort of progress I guess. I was thinking about having them picked up myself from Fedex, but I can't imagine that he will be forthcoming with the facilities address nor am I sure they will hand it over to the pickup peeps.

My wife works in a school and they've missed so many days already (mostly due to the epic ice storm) that the school just announced that any further cancellations will be taken out of school vacation weeks. Talk about a kick in the nuts... >:(

Wow that is insane. But your ice storms were truly epic. The friday before break was cancelled, which I believe was the 1st school cancellation in my district the past 10 years, so the district has a policy of trudging on if humanly possible.

I think ice and severe cold weather are more severe and provide more grounds for school cancellation than snow itself.

Sorry for the off topic:palm:

Yeah... I mean this is the same sort of stalling stuff that happened every week the last two months. The main change as visible to me is that he has it packed and it isn't just I'll mail it out today.. oh nope tomorrow oh nope tomorrow.
Not to play debbie downer but all he had to do to get those tracking numbers is to hop online and fill out a form and throw in some weights and sizes. Nothing has to be packed. I could do the same right now no USPS's site and say I sent you something.

Ohwell whatever this is still some sort of progress I guess. I was thinking about having them picked up myself from Fedex, but I can't imagine that he will be forthcoming with the facilities address nor am I sure they will hand it over to the pickup peeps.

I'd probably push that as the next course of action. Simply state that his inability to get to FedEx to ship the package is BS and that you'll pay for shipping yourself, deduct it from what you owe him and schedule a FedEx pickup for tomorrow. If he balks at giving you the pickup address I'd say you'd have your answer as to whether or not the amp is really ready to ship.

Goddamnit I hate his stupid little games. :mad:

Unfortunately, Nate is right. I use FedEx at work alot, and those tracking numbers indicate a shipment was prepared online; nothing else. It hasn't been picked up by FedEx, though you should call FedEx and see if they can provide additional info on the shipment, particularly if they actually have any packages in their possession.

Sorry, and best of luck on this...

That's how they do it all the time in our district. Every snow day is an addition onto the end of the school year.

That's how they do it all the time in our district. Every snow day is an addition onto the end of the school year.

No, you don't get it, they've added so many days onto the end of the year they are now taking days away from the typical mid-April vacation week. That hasn't happened around here in the last quarter century. If they add any more days onto the end of the year the kids will have school after the 4th of July.

Dan,

Sorry to hear that it's SSDD with Mikhail.

Well, and why couldn't yours be the first of the seven boxes?

I'd suggest you start forming a group of like situated people to start considering some stiffer course(s) of action. You would think with all the attorneys here (and "there"), solid legal advice would help guide you, at least for a few 'consultation' sessions. It is just beyond the limits of any 'reasonable man' test.

Too bad an injuction cannot be slapped on this clown to shut down the fraud.

Yeah I dunno. As far as lawsuits go I have no idea with regards to feasibility. My impression is that it isn't very feasible.

The "it'll ship tomorrow" strategy really works indefinitely as my only leverage to get him to ship is to not pay him and you can see how well that's worked out so far :)

Well, and why couldn't yours be the first of the seven boxes?

I'd suggest you start forming a group of like situated people to start considering some stiffer course(s) of action. You would think with all the attorneys here (and "there"), solid legal advice would help guide you, at least for a few 'consultation' sessions. It is just beyond the limits of any 'reasonable man' test.

Too bad an injuction cannot be slapped on this clown to shut down the fraud.

I've spoken to Dan a bit about this. However, not being an attorney in Colorado, there are limits to the advice I can give him. Even if there were enough people to some how either form a class (doubtful) or to make it worthwhile for a local attorney to take this on, there is the problem of collection assuming they win. SP is a corporation. No one knows what, if any, assets SP has to collect against. I have no idea what the collection laws are like in Colorado. Getting a judgment, without being able to collect is an empty victory that will cost those pursuing it money. If he formed a separate corporation for selling tubes then that would likely be out of reach. Also, what is the basis of the suit? Perhaps breach of contract, but then, what are the terms? Was it anticipated by either party to the contract that delivery would be within a certain period of time, etc.

I'm not saying it's not possible but someone will have to speak to a local attorney. Litigation is expensive for all involved and should always be a last resort and never done on principle. Most people can't afford principle. State Attorney Generals' offices typically have a department that deals with consumer issues. It's maybe possible, if the Colorado AG's office received enough complaints, with the amount of money at issue it might peak their interest.

It's a difficult situation and the above is why I've told Dan, to try to get his gear and get out. Mikhail has always delivered something. It's better to get something than nothing. It's likely he has next to no cash flow having been paid for the items waiting to be delivered more than a year ago.

Thanks for shedding some light Tyrion. Yeah.. basically without someone in Colorado without experience/expertise in the matter I am very hesitant to move forward unless as an absolutely last resort and even then given how tricky collection would be I just don't know if it is even worth pursuing unless I have enough funds to see it through and am feeling especially vindicative.

Just so sad that this has no resolution. However, has it not come to the point that HF could take a stronger stand, and allow overt 'Do NOT buy SP, and let us count the ways for why not" ?

Maybe I'll add a 'SP Free' posting to the DFW meet thread, to atone for being a (once) SP customer.

Maybe he could move on to swindle people with speaker amps...

For starters, I think everyone owed an amp from Mikhail, having waited over some reasonable period, SHOULD mail a complaint to the Colorado AG, like, you know, on the same day? For maximum effect, that could be drafted by an attorney in Colorado, and shared amongst all in similar straits. At least it would uncover one less place for the roach to hide.

I've spoken to Dan a bit about this. However, not being an attorney in Colorado, there are limits to the advice I can give him. Even if there were enough people to some how either form a class (doubtful) or to make it worthwhile for a local attorney to take this on, there is the problem of collection assuming they win. SP is a corporation. No one knows what, if any, assets SP has to collect against. I have no idea what the collection laws are like in Colorado. Getting a judgment, without being able to collect is an empty victory that will cost those pursuing it money. If he formed a separate corporation for selling tubes then that would likely be out of reach. Also, what is the basis of the suit? Perhaps breach of contract, but then, what are the terms? Was it anticipated by either party to the contract that delivery would be within a certain period of time, etc.

I'm not saying it's not possible but someone will have to speak to a local attorney. Litigation is expensive for all involved and should always be a last resort and never done on principle. Most people can't afford principle. State Attorney Generals' offices typically have a department that deals with consumer issues. It's maybe possible, if the Colorado AG's office received enough complaints, with the amount of money at issue it might peak their interest.

It's a difficult situation and the above is why I've told Dan, to try to get his gear and get out. Mikhail has always delivered something. It's better to get something than nothing. It's likely he has next to no cash flow having been paid for the items waiting to be delivered more than a year ago.

I've seen this mentioned before and thanks to Tyrion for explaining it so well. It is very sad for anyone involved in similar situation with SP like Dan. I do agree with Tyrion that Mikhail does deliver something in the end. I hope everything works out in the end for you Dan.

I've seen this mentioned before and thanks to Tyrion for explaining it so well. It is very sad for anyone involved in similar situation with SP like Dan. I do agree with Tyrion that Mikhail does deliver something in the end. I hope everything works out in the end for you Dan.

Lets hope he continues to deliver. I get more nervous each day. At this point he is a lost cause as far as I'm concerned. What he has done may not be technically criminal but it's effect is almost as bad.