The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Methinks your best bet is S95 at $290 over on Amazon (S100 is out but it still costs over $400 at the moment). If you must have an optical viewfinder, Canon G12 can be had for $380, though it's nowhere near as small as S95 (and it'll have more or less similar image quality since it uses identical sensors).

Edited by Salt Peanuts

dinny dont know where you are in nyc but there's one best buy that has it in store if you can't wait until they come back in stock. you get it now but would need to pay taxes on it...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=3558321&searchpage=true&_requestid=630323

Edited by crappyjones123

Dinny: I would go for the LX5 over the G12. But if I were you, I would just get the S95. The LX5 is very nice and I like being able to use a bounce flash on mine (although the flash is just as large as the camera). But the LX5 is not pocketable like the S95 (it is more like a jacket pocket than pants pocket kind of camera). Also, I think S95 does better in low light than the LX5. I was hoping the S95 would go little cheaper than $289 (which is what it has been for the last week or so until it went up to $291) for BF/CM but I still may buy one at this price.