The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

jeff what camera are ^ with? exif viewer doesnt seem to want to tell me. i really like the first one.

is there much difference between the nex 5 and the 5n. i dont know what to do with anything past ISO 3200 as things get too weird for me so not sure the super iso would be of use but is the performance at say ISO 3200 for the 5n?

jeff what camera are ^ with? exif viewer doesnt seem to want to tell me. i really like the first one.

is there much difference between the nex 5 and the 5n. i dont know what to do with anything past ISO 3200 as things get too weird for me so not sure the super iso would be of use but is the performance at say ISO 3200 for the 5n?

It is the 5D.

I will shoot some ISO 3200 samples for you when I get home with both. I do not see a huge difference in image quality between the two.

You have to download the photo first and then open it with your exif viewer.

Better low light performance on 5n, but I don't think it matters that much in real world usage.

http://dpreview.com/...ex5n/page14.asp

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Compare-Camera-Sensors/Compare-cameras-side-by-side/(appareil1)/737%7C0/(brand)/Sony/(appareil2)/652%7C0/(brand2)/Sony

Edited by Cankin

Leaked photo of the Euro version of new Canon S100:

RIt2q.jpg

Nice specs, too:

The Canon PowerShot S100 shows incredible features that make it a good choice for professional photographers. It is embedded with true 2-megapixel sensor for 1600 x 1200 pixel images, and 2-optical zoom lens that are professionally delivered by a tiny body. It shows a strong metal construction which provides great durability features. In addition, the lenses are provided with automatic covers that protect them when camera is not in use. The camera also features 5.4 to 10.8 mm zoom lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 to f/4.0, digital telephoto, shutter speed from 1 to 1/1,500 seconds, built-in flash with five distinct operating modes, sensitivity equivalent to ISO 100, CompactFlash type 1 image storage, and NTSC and USB ports. All these deliver an impressive photography tool which delivers excellent results.

PYfDE.jpg

Oh, wait. That's the the camera they named the S100 ...11 years ago. evilgrin0023.gif

The original is actually a pretty good looking camera, maybe even a little bit more sleek than the new one:

Wca22.jpg

ZsYqP.jpg

Okay, in a Dusty-approved color scheme the new one wins.

Looks like the Thai floods are going to delay the NEX7 for all of you who are interested, and there is no ETA: http://photorumors.com/2011/10/20/sony-nex-7-nex-5n-nex-c3-and-a65-now-officially-delayed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PhotoRumors+%28PhotoRumors.com%29

I think the NEX7 looks awesome, but like others, really hate the lens choices. The Zeiss 35 f/1.8 looks nice, but it is twice the price of the Samyang 35 1.4 I use on my D700, a lens that has both a wider aperture and larger image circle! Sony, if I'm going to really be interested in the NEX7, I want better and/or smaller lenses. Something wider than 16, for sure! And a 16-80 stabilized zoom that's not too huge would be lovely as well!