Google to release new browser

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed it and I know it is still in beta, but it was running pretty slow on my computer and eating around 50% CPU. It also crapped out on the install when it was running the script to import my setting on Firefox to it. I just uninstalled it and will install it on my other Virtual machine to test it out further. Overall I'm still happy with Firefox 3 as others have mentioned :).

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those services."

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those services."

Posting this using Chrome ;D

Google owns your post :D

:blink:

Posting this using Chrome ;D

Have you tried to get into the chatroom? I can't access for the lack of the plugin.

I've been using it today and still has an erratic behaviour. Sometimes it displays pages very fast, like no other, and other times... well feels like frozen. I like some of the features like the spell checker -but being this a Spanish version marks everything wrong while wrting in English- and the ease for copying pics' links.

I suppose that when they fix it, add all the plugins and some final version is released, it can be one of the best browsers.

I just think pages look like ass. Fonts are grainy, icons here are jagged and pixelated. The fast load times aren't worth the trade-offs. And I can't browse the internet without mouse gestures anymore. So if everything else wasn't enough, that's a dealbreaker. I'm still fine with IE7 with the IE7Pro add-on.

FF3 is starting to hang on my computer when I type URLs in the address bar. I think because it is searching the url name as well as website/thread names (a feature that I really love). I can hear my hardrive seeking when I do this, which is causing the slight lag. It's only a 5400 rpm laptop hardrive and probably doesn't have the best seek time. I guess I will try defragging since I can't even remember the last time I did that.

So if I like released a movie via the web and happened to be using Chrome when I did it Google would own it? That's just ridiculous. It's like a gas station claiming they own your car as long as you're using their gas. :palm:

But it's Google, so it's OK.

I will say the one thing that really should get developers going is the absolutely ridiculous Javascript performance. Hopefully that'll light a fire under some people. The sandboxed tabs are also cool, but the JS has more immediate relevance.

But it's Google, so it's OK.

I will say the one thing that really should get developers going is the absolutely ridiculous Javascript performance. Hopefully that'll light a fire under some people. The sandboxed tabs are also cool, but the JS has more immediate relevance.

Ridiculously good or ridiculously bad? I'm on a Mac so I have no idea as yet.

Re point 1: ;D

494x_chromeeula.png

Ridiculously good or ridiculously bad? I'm on a Mac so I have no idea as yet.

Ridiculously good, or at least a totally POS Javascript scroll I had to implement was freaking buttery smooth. Other benchmarks out there show really significant time differences, but I don't know how riggsed they are.

So, there you have it: a tempest in a (chrome) teapot. Not that it's the only one; as Ina Fried of News.com points out, Chrome's "Omnibar" can also access all keystrokes a user types, and Google will store some of this information along with IP addresses.
Yeah, that's exactly what I want in a browser, a full chronicle of my keystrokes that can then be stolen. :palm: Please, make it easier for someone to rip every one of my passwords.