HE 1.2B and Buffalo Loaner Program.

naamanf

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received the Buffalo today but the post office mangled the box pretty badly. I will go out this week and pick up two boxes to double box this puppy for you guys next in line.

There is one problem though, something is loose in the case and I can see and hear it rattling around inside. It appears to be a small nut but I won't know until I open the case. Since Naaman is offline do you guys think it would be OK to take a look to ensure nothing major is wrong? It would not be a good idea to fire this up knowing something is loose rattling around inside. I feel awkward because this is not my unit and there is no way to reach Naaman for permission first. Obviously if it is something major I will repack the Buffalo and ship it to Naaman in CO.

He asked me to go ahead and open the case up to have a look when I couldn't get a lock with my digital cable, so I'm sure he'd want you to open it up and have a look.

:prettyprincess::prettyprincess:

An easy fix. Basically it was one of the nuts from the screw that holds the XLR cup to the chassis. I had the same issue with my Audio Aero cdp when it arrived, must be a world wide XLR nut conspiracy. :D

Time for listening.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, Naamanf, any chance I could hear these once they're back on the front range? I know your list is set, but I've made offers on both of these pieces on HF's FS board, and I'd love to give them a listen before I commit money.

We need to have a meet, because I'd like to try them too, and who wouldn't want to hear these on the BHSE? :D