Aristaeus came and went on HF.. lasted 20 minutes

Luminette

Woops, I removed the Canjam stuff. I mean the last line of Ken's quote.

I figured as much. :)

Honestly, I don't know what to think about the whole situation in Chicago. There's just way to much damn drama there considering that it's headphones we're talking about here.

And I just looked at 07's Chiunify and attendance wasn't that much higher. Some how I had it in my head that it was in the 50 to 75 range.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea about this :( I'm actually flying in to Chicago this Friday to go to the meet (though spending a few days with a friend after is the main reason for going)

I urge Kevin to show up - I don't really feel good about partaking in a meet that has this kind of underhanded shit going on - and, my god - in favor of Ray Samuels?

I'm expected to bring loaner products from vendors to the place so I'll scratch off not showing up and making the kind of hassle on the thread that deserves to be made - but I'll be clear in any conversations involving Ray's products, how I feel about them. Billy is picking me up from the airport and taking me back to it some days later so I'm not in the best of positions to give him shit over this, either.

There is no sponsorship going on as far as I know. And this is a public event. And I have no respect for that kind of vendor treatment for our meets where they turn it into a preying grounds to make money.

Show up Kev

The uninvite was delivered personally. If my office mate was not there, i might

have punched the guy out. Evidently according to my office mate, the guy had

stopped by 3 or 4 times in the last week trying to find me. Skinny tall asian with

bad teeth. Won't say more.

I never had any intentions of going to billy's thing. As far as i know, billy has

nothing to do with this, its not his style.

The amount of stuff asked for would not even fit in my car in one trip anyway.

I do have lots of new stuff, but showing off a $10k preamp in that kind of crowd

would be a serious waste of time as i have no intentions of publishing the schematics

and if justin would decide to build and sell the thing it would be 2 or more years away.

The fight between ray's electrostatic fanboys and mikhail's electrostatic fanboys

should be highly entertaining.

And a certain person just stopped by my office and begged me for a

BH, BHSE, aristaeus, and a SACD standard for the weekend show. I was

specifically not invited as it would upset ray. He really thought i was going

to give him that pile of stuff on his "good name" alone. Ray already owns

an aristaeus anyway, and if he wants a BHSE, he can buy one just like

everyone else.

Geez, I want a meet at Dr. Gilmore's place! Those amps off an SACD Standard.... :drool:

Not going to happen! A couple of people i trust, maybe.

Only 3 people can fit in the media room these days.

(or me plus tyll and then the couch is full)

Too much stuff, and not enough square feet. And the house is 3300 sq ft.

Dr. Gilmore, what's your main music listening system right now? I remember you having that crazy Krell SACD player, but what else?

Dangin, Kevin, between you and Mcmanus... I cannot wait until _someone_ finishes an affordable, easier to build stat amp to kick fanboys in both camps, not that either side knows good when they hear it.

But, c'mon - at least Ray buys everyone pizza.

What do you mean? An all-tube electrostatic amp is one of the easier projects to do. Maybe only the all-tube "preamp" is easier.

Oh yeah...

Pray tell, what is this Aristaeus? I understand that it is an electrostatic amp, but what is it geared for, and how is it different from the KGSS, BH, etc.? I had never heard of it before I came over here, and doing a search on it comes up with no product data. I imagine it was never listed on the Headamp site?

No, it was never listed on the site. I made 10 of them after Meier was able to get Sennheiser to make 25 more pairs of HE90. The design of the amp is similar to the HEV90 and Gilmore's original all-triode amp, using the same tube complement as the HEV90 and a regulated power supply. It was in 2 boxes, separate PSU (not shown). I have some more parts so I'll be making 4 more of them after the BHSE's are shipped.

aristaeus.jpg

Justin, you clearly overestimate the "I fucked up 3 CMOYs" crowd...

And then there're people like me, who are part of the "Can't even make a pair of RCA cables which turn out the same length" crowd. If I was working at CERN, that black hole would have swallowed the planet before they even turned on the LHC.