HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my new pair from headroom the actual serial number is about 200 lower than my original pair and the do not creak.

However I have noticed that both pairs have a minor imperfection in the metal mesh. The pair pictured below is the first pair I received, the second pair has more of these marks on the right mesh.

Have you guys noticed anything like this?

3598928267_b01a7e1ebc_b.jpg

Yeah, it's a seam where the mesh is presumably joined after it is wrapped/shaped. Mine have the same feature, albeit in a slightly different location on the ear cup. They also occasionally clink and I don't give a fuck. Surely we have now entered the realm of the microscopically anal?

it is tough to make out in the photo, but i can kinda of see a slight warp in the mesh inside your red circle.

minor product imperfections are a part of life as i've yet to receive an absolutely 100% flawless product. i suspect something like that is well within passable tolerances and no one, but a select few will notice those minor things unless someone points it out or they are looking to find minor flaws. just enjoy the HD800s as they are a fantastic and incredible sounding headphone and be content with the fact that this pair doesn't creak.

Edited by 909

However I have noticed that both pairs have a minor imperfection in the metal mesh. The pair pictured below is the first pair I received, the second pair has more of these marks on the right mesh.

Mine have the same shiz. At first I thought it was a hair or something. Whatever - it obviously has no impact on the sound.

What the heck are you talking about?

It's hard to get a photo of but you can see it in person

3614709125_9207bdd0b2_o.jpg

It's a handmade headphone. Honestly, put the damn things on your head and enjoy.

Come now I just received a new pair are you really expecting I wouldn't give them a once over?

Really, stop looking at them and listen to them. Either that or return them.

Since I have two pairs with these imperfections in different areas I'm curious if anyone else has them?

Like I said to me it's strange to see a large corporation selling high end goods to have inconsistencies like this. However unless Sennheiser has a recall or admits to an issue I'm going to keep the non-squeaky pair.

Come now I just received a new pair are you really expecting I wouldn't give them a once over?

Since I have two pairs with these imperfections in different areas I'm curious if anyone else has them?

Like I said to me it's strange to see a large corporation selling high end goods to have inconsistencies like this. However unless Sennheiser has a recall or admits to an issue I'm going to keep the non-squeaky pair.

Imperfections? Inconsistencies? It is a metal mesh formed into inconsistent shapes, curvatures, and angles. You're really going to call those creases or shimmers in the metal defects? Regardless, it is merely the material that prevents one from poking into the drivers or otherwise harming the working parts of the cans. No effect on the sound whatsoever. Get a grip. :palm:

I just suffered through the HF-2 thread on the other site (Thank you, Vicky, for fighting the good fight), where it seemed bad camera work/lighting sparked an entire wave of meaningless arguments about quality. Perhaps that's a better place to post these pics and questions; I'm sure it will be much better received, even if unnecessary.

Got my new pair from headroom the actual serial number is about 200 lower than my original pair and the do not creak.

I wish I had a pair of HD800s, imperfection or not.:rolleyes: Im aching to spend a couple of weeks of alone time with them outside of a meet environment and for longer durations.