My K1000 arrived today!

swt61

Not for me. Very light weight. I was amazed when I first held one how light they are. And the clamp is firm but not pressing ( HD280 :mad: ) if you open up the pads you don't notice the pressure. Like (almost) any headphone it gets a little uncomfortable in its own way with prolonged periods of wear, it'll also leave dents in your hair.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think my tube pre/Aleph 30/K1000 was tits until I heard them on my friend's ECC99/300B/Lundahl monoblocks. Yummmm sound.

Well judging from the costs of most 300B monoblocks I've seen, I imagine I may go the Pass or Pass clone route. I've already heard from Marc about the F5, and it sounds interesting.

I take them off, judge by eye, then put them back on. Though most of the time so far I've listened on full toe-out or with a tiny bit of toe out so that the inner grille doesn't touch my ear.

And Steve, havent you got a neighbour you can steal a CD player from? Get that balaclava out.

All of my friends and neighbors aspire to the Bose Wave music system. Sheep following the herd. And no, not a decent CDP amongst them. Saturday will be here soon.

I have an idea I'm going to try with my TT today, and if that works then I'll have a wonderful source. I'll keep you posted.

I used my fingers, to put them between the speakers and my ears, if that make any sense:palm: Then just checked visualy as well...

Anyhow, it worked for me, cos used them slightly open, most of the time, and just sometimes wide open, but found it to distand and lacking at low end.

I do a finger adjustment too, my fave position is first index finger knuckle width from my ear flap to cage when the finger is inserted from behind as I grasp the cage. Very quick and easily repeatable. Takes all of about 3 seconds per side and very accurate.

Once I decide on the right spot it's doubtful I'll have need to move them much IMO.

OK, The African Chant/Dungeon Torture Screams/Gay Pride Dance Beats Fusion Mix may require a different toe in. I'll let you know. intheclub.gif

Is it true the K1000 is uncomfortable to wear?

That was another issue the seller had. He described them as very painful after 15 minutes.

Although I'm a pretty big guy at 6'1" and 230 lbs., apparently I have a pretty small noggin, as most phones fit me without a lot of extension. This could possibly correlate to a lot of my decision making througout my life.

The K1000 was very comfortable at the two hour mark for me.

I'm still trying to figure out how Steve was feeding a balanced beta22 from an ipod?!?! I'm guessing that's why it sounded like poo and that there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm crossing my fingers that you're correct, however my TT was giving me the same issues when driven by the Beta22. I'll know if that's a TT issue or not later today. I'll have a much better idea about the Beta22 Saturday.

This may definitely changes what we've discussed at any rate. PM on it's way.

So I'm listening to beautiful music from my turntable as I type this.

I connected the Pass Pearl phono stage directly to my Consonance integrated amp, with no SUT. Happily the Consonance has plenty of gain for this low ouput Zu cartridge. It's driving the K1000 with plenty of gusto.

My this is nice! Listening to The Dream Academy, one of my favorite groups from the 80's.

I thought I'd like the K1000, but damn! Why did I wait so long? I'm fastly getting over the remorse of selling the K340.

Am I the only who is happy running mine off a DAP? They sound perfectly fine and still better than just about any other phone I plug into it as long as you don't need high volume.

Anyway, It's a good phone to have no matter how dumb you look wearing them :D

dsc7694us5.jpg

I have a head the size of a "That's no moon." and a buzzcut so I've got the worst of both worlds.

I remembered that my laptop has a crappy webcam and shot a couple of Patrick82 snaps. Sadly my USB stick has gone walkies and my network sharing has gone all fucked up so still no postie for you. Smeggy doesnt look like he's got full toe out in that pic tho.