JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Even though Jerry mentions Matt being charge of the amp, I'm pretty much sure he's referring to the package as a whole, not just the DSP portion. So i'm really not sure the final version will really sound the same or similar to the one everyone else heard at the show. I must say that I was a little skeptical at Canjam on how reliant everything was on that laptop and equipment outside of the JH-3A unit. It was also pretty darn buggy, resulting in Matt having to reboot the whole system after every couple listens.

I'm cool with the delay and trust that Jerry will release a product equal to or greater than what I heard at CanJam. I'm paid in full and pissed at Matt a bit for taking his marbles and walking off. Knowing both guys if I had to choose which I'd throw in with sight unseen it would be Jerry Harvey every day of the week. No way in hell I'm canceling as this is not rocket science we're talking about and Jery appears to have got a great pinch hitter to reclaim the project.

Damn, JH13s going back again. Really worried about overcompensation again, but left ear sore after an hour or so of usage. No ones got the DIY subtractive equivalent of adding fingernail polish do they? Does fingernail polish work on the acrylic? Just need to smooth it down slightly (additions rougher than original work).

I agree with Vicki vis a vis Jerry's standards. I'm confident that this will be a perfect product when it's released, though I'm sure the stress of finding a new project lead and reworking the entire foundations of the product under a deadline can't be good for anyone involved.

He'll probably draw flack about the delays, as he should, but I trust he's drawn enough flack on the road in his life not to let a couple of geeks push him to release anything remotely sub standard. I just hope he has a working prototype of the new design at RMAF.

And once more sent to JHaudio for refit, the left ear piece was way to big and the right had the tube to long. I got the clogged feeling on the right and if moved my jaw to the front instantly the soundstage would increase, better instrument separation and higher volume. Any one experienced this ?

Even with all fit problems I already miss them, their sound is really addictive.

Edited by Spychedelic Whale

The audiologist seems legit(Widex) but I'm not that picky I just couldn't feel comfortable enough to forget the rest and just naturally listen to the music, as I said the left ear piece was to big, it barely twisted, making almost impossible to have the mouth closed for a while without having the face muscles start twitching and the right was giving me some serious pain.

This maybe be all caused by the tmj which I found out recently when I went to the dentist, dunno if you are familiar with these but when I open my mouth my jaw position shifts, making the ear canal different when I have mouth closed.

Since I'm not a singer I took the new impressions with my mouth in the natural position and asked Adam to add the extra layers that he think will be enough to ensure a seal. If doesn't work I will try again with the normal impressions tweaked and if this doesn't do it sadly I will have to depart it and find a headphone with a similar signature :(.

• 2 weeks later...

The closed mouth method worked! Finally... I though the sound was good but now its more than that.. Its scary to get this kind of sound from an mp3 player.

There is one thing though.. I'm pretty sure the label on ear pieces said JH16-somenumber and now it says JH13-somenumber, any chance they got the wrong drivers ?

Maybe the fact that it sounds better has something to do with the different sound signatures of the 13 vs. the 16. If it sounds so good, I would just enjoy it and not worry about the drivers.

Except he paid more for JH16.

On a separate note, I received my Pico Slim yesterday and it's really nice to be able to control the volume better now.

Except he paid more for JH16.

On a separate note, I received my Pico Slim yesterday and it's really nice to be able to control the volume better now.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads, I really want that type of volume control but I don't want to give up the all-in-one Pico with DAC because I've rarely used it as amp only.

JHaudio...What recklessness customer service.. oh well, I will have to send it back once more.

@guzziguy the better sound isn't just a thing of signature. Well hearing the tracks I'm used to, the jh13 really has plenty bass but the bass from the jh16 is much more realistic and lively.

If you pair those 13s with an amp like the pico slim, you will not be wanting a different bass sound.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads, I really want that type of volume control but I don't want to give up the all-in-one Pico with DAC because I've rarely used it as amp only.

TTVJ Slim w/ DAC may work for you well. I've thought about going that route myself as I used to have a Pico w/ DAC.

Edited by Salt Peanuts