JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Has anyone used a TTVJ Slim amp with a stand-alone Pico DAC? If so how did the combo fare, I'd be particularly interested in thoughts compared to the TTVJ Slim with DAC and the Pico DAC/Amp with 13Pro's.

Oh and another question, I know this can probably be found elsewhere I expect I'll get more accurate answers by asking here, what kind of difference would I hear with a separate Pico DAC and Pico Slim compared to my Pico DAC/Amp?

better volume control on the pico slim vs pico amp. It can't be overstated how much better the volume control is on the slim.

Yeah, that's my biggest reason for thinking about changing to a Pico Slim or TTVJ Slim but I was curious if I would hear much, if any difference, in the presentation. I've also got the impression from some reading that the Pico Slim's volume control is better than the TTVJ's, is this by a fairly wide margin as well? I guess I'm trying to find a frame of reference as to how the different options compare to my Pico DAC/Amp.

I'm happy with the volume control on my ttvj slim. The biggest difference between the two for me is that there's a knob on the pico, and a little color led on the ttvj. Makes it harder to control without looking at it. Probably makes more of a difference on other headphones, but I've only ever used the ttvj with my jh13s

I find myself using mine almost exclusively with my iPhone without an amp. I bought a Nano but I think my wife is going to be using it. I love the Slim but just not using it as much. It's one of the reasons I didn't care about selling my iPod Classic. It was just sitting around gathering dust. Don't worry Nate, it cleaned up nice. :)

just got a call back from jaime (after my request to cancel my order) saying that all my emails had been caught mysteriously in a junk mail filter (my university email address - tried from both fau and mit emails so not sure what the heck is going on). also she claimed they never received any of my calls. at this stage dont know if i should continue with the order or just get a refund.

just got a call back from jaime (after my request to cancel my order) saying that all my emails had been caught mysteriously in a junk mail filter (my university email address - tried from both fau and mit emails so not sure what the heck is going on). also she claimed they never received any of my calls. at this stage dont know if i should continue with the order or just get a refund.

My experience with their communication has been hit and miss but with a bit of mild persistence I have always received a reply and outside of that the customer service has been outstanding. Even with having had to send mine back now three times I still think based on what I've heard from the 13Pro's, when things gets sorted they will be more than worth the effort.

I sent mine 13s off yesterday, and am keeping my fingers crossed that they come back soon with the same excellent fit and sound.

Mine have returned with at least as good a fit as before and the last time it seems the fit was even better. I received mine back in a week the last time they went up for repair. Hopefully, you will get yours back that fast as well. We are lucky that most shipping in Florida is overnight within Florida.

I sent mine 13s off yesterday, and am keeping my fingers crossed that they come back soon with the same excellent fit and sound.

Jerry giveth and he taketh away.

My JH13s came back yesterday. Think we've finally found a good fit and although I've only had 20 minutes listening time, believe the imbalance issue is either gone or slight enough to be ignored (was pretty obvious before). Shape and canal length differences still exist between the two sides not there in my other customs, so not sure the end point is where we'd arrive without the many modifications, but I think we're finally good.

64413.jpg

Good news for me: I just spoke to Adam, who said they are completely repairable, and will not need to be remolded. Since the right earpiece has always been a very wee bit loose, he's going to add another coat on that, so I may end up better than before I broke them. He's sending them back to me tomorrow or Monday. Also, it looks like my 3A/16 might be ready in a couple weeks. If true, big yay!