JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I had Avery sound do my custom earpiece for my Bluetooth Headset and I did the mold myself and sent it to them. Not exactly Rocket Science here. I've had custom molds made since the late eighties, never with any not working correctly, still have them. Not sure why all the re-do's here. I'm close enough to JH to have them done there when I pull the pin on that idea.

i dont mean to undermine your efforts but i think all the refits might have to do with the initial cost of the thing itself - i certainly dont have $1k to throw around on something that i have a nagging feeling will produce better results with a refit. also, i dont know if you listen to your bluetooth headset as carefully as your "music" toys. i might be wrong but i fear critical or careful listening would be beyond the scope of a bluetooth headset.

at one point i was going to get custom tips for my Etys, and i went to an audiologist at my uni. she's about to inject the crap when i ask if there wasn't supposed to be a cotton ball or something down here to, you know, not tear my eardrum out. i left. never did get those custom tips.
Jesus. That's exactly what you should have done, too.

i dont mean to undermine your efforts but i think all the refits might have to do with the initial cost of the thing itself - i certainly dont have $1k to throw around on something that i have a nagging feeling will produce better results with a refit. also, i dont know if you listen to your bluetooth headset as carefully as your "music" toys. i might be wrong but i fear critical or careful listening would be beyond the scope of a bluetooth headset.

Actually my BT headset fits perfectly. It's the first soft one I've had. Since 1988, I've spent about 8-12 hours a day with one in my ear listening to people's hearts, does that count? Mine were connected to esophageal stethoscopes.

n.b. If you haven't used a mold on a BT headset, you haven't lived yet. I went from Vol all the way up to all the way down. The isolation is perfect.

does the cable behave well for around the ear wear with spectacles? cant remember where i read on these boards but someone complained about the cable being too noisy as it brushed against the stem of the spectacles. after an ipod touch and a jh13/16 i dont think i will have the finances to afford an after market cable just to deal with the micro phonics. so is it really that bad?

does the cable behave well for around the ear wear with spectacles? cant remember where i read on these boards but someone complained about the cable being too noisy as it brushed against the stem of the spectacles. after an ipod touch and a jh13/16 i dont think i will have the finances to afford an after market cable just to deal with the micro phonics. so is it really that bad?

I find them a bit noisy, squeaking against the arms of my glasses, which is why I've been considering a Null Audio cable as I've not had any issues with the one on my Triple.Fi's.

Well, I've had them for a while, but a slight fit discrepancy (looser on left though I never had a seal issue), and a very slight channel imbalance (tiny bit right, but it took a lot of albums to notice and then verify) had me send my JH13s back for modification today. Debated for a couple weeks because the problems are so minor I worry about overcompensating, but at this price and once you notice...

BTW, how long have the mods been taking lately?

I have to send mine back for the third time. This time a piece of plastic broke off one earpiece and the the sound keeps cutting out due to a problem with the connection between the cable and the earpiece. I can get it to work but certain movements cause it to cut out. It's not like I am abusing them. I use them mostly when I walk the dogs and sitting around the house.