JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I have to send mine back for the third time. This time a piece of plastic broke off one earpiece and the the sound keeps cutting out due to a problem with the connection between the cable and the earpiece. I can get it to work but certain movements cause it to cut out. It's not like I am abusing them. I use them mostly when I walk the dogs and sitting around the house.

That sucks, Mike. Your post makes me wonder about the long term durability on these things. I guess I'll eventually find out myself.

That sucks, Mike. Your post makes me wonder about the long term durability on these things. I guess I'll eventually find out myself.

On the possible good side, I am not aware of anyone else having similar issues. It seems to me if these are meant to be used by rock stars on almost nightly basis during a tour, I would think they would be more durable. I would say that maybe I got a bad set but they must have been redone the two times they went back due to the drivers coming loose. I will call tomorrow but this is getting old.

I have to send mine back for the third time. This time a piece of plastic broke off one earpiece and the the sound keeps cutting out due to a problem with the connection between the cable and the earpiece. I can get it to work but certain movements cause it to cut out. It's not like I am abusing them. I use them mostly when I walk the dogs and sitting around the house.

That sucks Mike,I know how bummed you where when you had problems at the NY meet.

I would request complete new earpieces instead of repairing yours.

Tom, that was the second time I've had the problem with the wires breaking in the earpieces I've assumed that when they repair broken wires on the drivers they had to redo my earpieces. I'm hoping to send them back tomorrow. Both of us being in Florida, they will have them the next day but who knows when I will get them back.

Damn. As I mentioned above, I held back for a while on sending the JH13s for modification as I worried about overcompensation. Guess what happened? :( Left side now painfully large. Goes back Monday. Hopefully can find a spot between orig and now. If so I think that should be perfect. Kudos to JHA for fixing, but does kinda suck going back and forth repeatedly.

Need for re-fit appears to be high, though, at least by looking at the threads/posts. I don't remember seeing so many posts about re-fits with other customs (UE, Sensaphonic, Westone) over on HF or here. I know most of us have had to send them back in for a re-fit (or two, or three....) and my re-fit process wasn't without minor annoyance.

Edited by Salt Peanuts