Bozo Sparrow

eugenius

The beta22 is fully discrete and has a much higher power output, much better PSU, etc. Although for a pro unit this doesn't look like a bad little amp, architecturally it isn't in the same ballpark with a beta22. Good specs are pretty easy to achieve with opamps running with negative feedback. I agree with the balanced in/SE out comment as well. I can't tell, but is this really fully balanced or does it just convert bal->SE?

• 2 weeks later...

At the very least you saw another amplifier ... I have no relation to the manufacturer. :) I thought it was like 400-500 euro, like the lake people amps, later I found it's so expensive and I was wondering why ...

PS: There's a dismissive attitude towards head-fi here ... I don't see why, you lot are just as bad and stuck up to boot. Get off your high horses, your shit smells the same as everybody's. Serious people and excluded. :)

Most of us have been on HF for a long time so there is good reason for our attitude. To us you are just like all those noobs on HF which look at the price of a component and think that has any bearing on its performance. To quote Oscar Wilde, "A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing". A version of this should be the HF motto...

There're the other kind of noobs who believe they found giant killers everywhere, and praise nonsensically pieces of shitty sounding gear. For instance Little Dot gear :palm: which is crap even considering its low prices. There are several dozens of such gear being praised ad nauseam there.

PS: There's a dismissive attitude towards head-fi here ... I don't see why, you lot are just as bad and stuck up to boot. Get off your high horses, your shit smells the same as everybody's. Serious people and excluded. :)

Seems like it's probably time for you to take it on down the road, then. Take care now...