Apple Tablet

I tried to install Jaadu on my desktop computer in preparation for using the iPad as a VNC. Unfortunately, my ATT 2Wire router does not support autoconfiguration, and when I tried to configure it manually, it was a headache. I looked around for other options, and found this:

www.teamviewer.com

There is now an iPhone/iTouch app: www.teamviewer.com/iphone

This is a free (if used for personal use, not business) remote access program. I tried it out on my various computers, and it seems to work great, and is very easy to install and use. I'm not technical enough to know the advantage of a true VNC over this, or to understand the details about security. But the web site states it is encrypted and uses the same standard as SSL.

I hope to use this for remote access of all my computers via the iPad. Perhaps this would work for you, as well?

On another topic, what do experienced Apple people think about the Apple Care program for $99? I don't usually go for extended warranties, but am willing to pay a bit for technical support, especially on a new and unfamiliar gadget, and for reduced down time in the event of a problem/repair.

Dunno about with an iPad, but VNC sucks. NX for life! I use it to remote desktop via my macbookpro at work all the time (Into my Ubuntu box).

If anyone is looking for a cheap case to protect their iPads upon arrivial, a few are showing up such as...

HHI Silicone Case for Apple iPad - dealmac.com

And other more interesting ones...

quirky | Cloak

modulR iPad case and iPad accessory system / go anywhere. do anything.

And several more listed here...

10 Great iPad Cases | Apartment Therapy Unplggd

cloak.jpg

ipad 3g ships late April

Keyboard/Dock ships 4/15

case ships/arrives 4/3

APP already here :)

x2. Do you think they'll automatically adjust the Apple Care Support date, or will we need to get on them?

Also, I ordered the wireless keyboard instead of the keyboard/dock, and that's in transit now.