Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So one of my patients, who runs a couple restaurants in Chicago, was telling me today that the hotdog place someone posted here fries their french fries in duck fat on Fridays. He also said something about a game hot dog with foi gras topping. I don't know if he was kidding me or not.

I'm posting this only because i'm enjoying thinking about it: I have exactly three of days work left before my first major vacation time in ten (maybe longer) years. CanJam will be kicking it off for me, so I'm getting very excited.

St. V ... Somehow Prince and "Party Like It's 1999"came to mind. Can we dance to that ... on headphones ... at CJ'10? Maybe at a break of the Michael Arnapol show? It would make me happy, and the troops would be entertained.

Colin I have something for you, but it's more for Sunday, so plenty of time to meet and get it to you.

I dunno if I should be scared or not. Either way, I just bought my canjam ticket, so I guess I will find out, for better or for worse. :o

Gene, as I said in Tampa a few meets ago, I'd pay good money to watch you dance on a table. If that's the song that will do it, I'm in.

Are we talking with or without a pole?

mypass ... you don' wanna sse my pole, I promise. :)

Vicki ... I think that was in Sarasota at the beach bar where the young miss was pushing Jagermeister, and you were buying. In any case, I'm in, and it's a contract. Al & Mike will write up the papers, and an event is in the making.

So one of my patients, who runs a couple restaurants in Chicago, was telling me today that the hotdog place someone posted here fries their french fries in duck fat on Fridays. He also said something about a game hot dog with foi gras topping. I don't know if he was kidding me or not.

He wasn't. http://www.head-case.org/forums/bat-cave/8340-canjam-meet-up-plans-5.html#post351071

Check out the daily specials Hot Doug's

e.g.

Foie Gras and Sauternes Duck Sausage with Truffle Aioli, Foie Gras Mousse and Fleur de Sel

$9.00

Smoked Applewurst Pork Sausage with Sweet Curry Mustard and Goat Cheese

$7.50

Pear-Infused Elk Sausage with Foie Gras Dijonnaise and Mustard-Seed Gouda Cheese

$7.00

What are people doing with regards to beverages? I don't really feel like packing or mailing anything but would be happy to buy some spirits online and have them sent to the hotel. Will the hotel sign for the packages (that require an adult signature) and keep them for you until you get there? Is there a good liquor store nearby?

The locals and the organizers are supposed to take care of us Travel Team members, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you happen to have a bottle of bitters that is less than 4oz then bring that along :P, but otherwise just expect that there will be plenty available. KG alone is bringing cases of whisk(e)y to my understanding and expectation, and I have to imagine that Jim & Co. realize that their budget allows for liquid refreshments for the Team. If they fail us, then we will buy for ourselves.

Greg, Shelly ...

I'm with Al on this one. Relax, and count on our hosts to provide the exotic stuff. If KG or Jim don't bowl us over, I will be amazed and surprised.

In any case, a BevMo or Total Wine can't be too far away. Relax, loosen up, and enjoy the ride. We'll find a way to get where we need to be. :)

Hey you guys,.. is there a meet coming up?

For anybody that's wondering, you can send stuff to the hotel. There's a small charge for storage ($5 I think) plus a charge if it's heavy. There's also a FedEx Kinko's on site if you need to send something out.If you have an account with UPS or FedEx, you can also leave a package with the concierge for shipping out.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all you guys there and being abused mercilessly!

The locals and the organizers are supposed to take care of us Travel Team members, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you happen to have a bottle of bitters that is less than 4oz then bring that along :P, but otherwise just expect that there will be plenty available. KG alone is bringing cases of whisk(e)y to my understanding and expectation, and I have to imagine that Jim & Co. realize that their budget allows for liquid refreshments for the Team. If they fail us, then we will buy for ourselves.

Last year Mike and I took a ride to a beer distributor Friday afternoon and filled my car with beer (ok maybe a few too many stouts for summer in SoCal). The night of the pizza party at the pool was done with the beer from that trip and the pizza was paid for by Andy, donations and we covered the gap. I'm sure Jim, Ryan, Kevin and crew will show us the hospitality that the Midwest is famous for.

Just be willing to lend a hand for a few hours as herding a few hundred canjam noobs and catering to vendor needs is a big task.

Edited by jp11801

Last year Mike and I took a ride to a beer distributor Friday afternoon and filled my car with beer (ok maybe a few too many stouts for summer in SoCal). The night of the pizza party at the pool was done with the beer from that trip and the pizza was paid for by Andy, donations and we covered the gap. I'm sure Jim, Ryan, Kevin and crew will show us the hospitality that the Midwest is famous for.

Just be willing to lend a hand for a few hours as herding a few hundred canjam noobs and catering to vendor needs is a big task.

wait...I will actually have time for fun and relaxation :) All kidding aside, I do hope to visit and hang with you guys during the weekend, as I know I will be running around and making sure all the vendors are cool and taken care of. I plan on hitting up the hotel on Thursday before setup Friday as that might be my only real time to hang out and be social. So I am apologizing ahead of time if you don;t see me much as I want to make sure the vendors are taken care of.